Filipe1020's Add-Ons Development Topic - Locked

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Add-Ons Development Topic - Locked  (Read 37494 times)

Guys to make things a bit more streamlined, I might close this topic and post development AND releases in my released add-ons topic so there's no need for two separate places, what do you guys prefer? Let me know.
It might be more streamlined, but it's probably easier to know what's going on if there's an update post in the modification topic, and not the add-on topic

Like, keep the add-on thread confined to finished/public updates, and this topic for developmental updates

It might be more streamlined, but it's probably easier to know what's going on if there's an update post in the modification topic, and not the add-on topic

Like, keep the add-on thread confined to finished/public updates, and this topic for developmental updates
I see it makes sense that way, but I said that because activity here in the forums has been very slow recently.

I see it makes sense that way, but I said that because activity here in the forums has been very slow recently.
True, i just don't think mixing the development and add-on updates together really changes anything, it would just make things more confusing as to whether or not a new post from you is an add-on update, or a developmental update

There's a bug with the Hydric. The steering wheel is off-center.

Also, for the Tutto, I was wondering if the gear shift animation should be changed, so that 1) moving the hand on/off the shifter is a little slower, and 2) the Blockhead places their hand on the shifter as they accelerate and get close to the shifting point, rather than an instantaneous animation.

There's a bug with the Hydric. The steering wheel is off-center.

Also, for the Tutto, I was wondering if the gear shift animation should be changed, so that 1) moving the hand on/off the shifter is a little slower, and 2) the Blockhead places their hand on the shifter as they accelerate and get close to the shifting point, rather than an instantaneous animation.
The Hydric steering wheel will be fixed shortly in the next update, as for the Tutto sadly I can't do either of those things, making the animation slower could break something in the animation and keeping the hand on the shifter before changing gears is not possible either, that's the best I could do in that aspect.

Well what triggers the animation? When the car reaches a certain speed?

Well what triggers the animation? When the car reaches a certain speed?
Technically when the car reaches the specified wheelspeed in the ES code/configuration. As far as stretching the animation to make it slower it is also difficult because the speed in which the animation plays is additionally handled in the code. The time that the code allows for the animation to play is wrapped onto said animation to be completed within that given time, so even stretching the animation on the modeling software won't have much of an effect.

Hey if you guys want it, I added sounds to the Hachiroku and its respective variants.

-All cars have engine sounds (stock 4A-GEU 16 Valve), with the Bosozoku variant having a custom race engine sound.
-Engine torque has been slightly reduced to accomodate for gearing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:00:04 PM by mrwallace888 »

Added more sounds for vehicles.

Up next, the Cordillera and the Carrera and its respective variants.

-All cars have engine sounds (Cordillera has a V8, Carrera has an F6), and the Carrera's Turbo and Widebody variants have higher-rev engines.
-Cordillera's gears have a transition delay, to simulate an automatic gearbox/slushbox.

Was gonna make a sound variant for the Hydric but Filipe's already got the Hydric sounds in the works, so I'll just wait instead. If requested I could just make a version that uses the engine sounds of the original Hydric.

I'm sure more of Filipe's cars will be getting the engine sound treatment but these are just ways of "tying things over" in the meantime. I have been given Filipe's permission to make these. :P

(Links have been temporarily removed by request to Filipe, just so these versions don't get mixed up with updated cars, plus they're getting sound updates anyways. But I sent him the sounds if he wants to use them.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:20:54 AM by mrwallace888 »

Added more sounds for vehicles.

Up next, the Cordillera and the Carrera and its respective variants.

-All cars have engine sounds (Cordillera has a V8, Carrera has an F6), and the Carrera's Turbo and Widebody variants have higher-rev engines.
-Cordillera's gears have a transition delay, to simulate an automatic gearbox/slushbox.

Was gonna make a sound variant for the Hydric but Filipe's already got the Hydric sounds in the works, so I'll just wait instead. If requested I could just make a version that uses the engine sounds of the original Hydric.

I'm sure more of Filipe's cars will be getting the engine sound treatment but these are just ways of "tying things over" in the meantime. I have been given Filipe's permission to make these. :P
Jack I appreciate you adding sounds but I'm already working on an update where all of them will receive the support, you don't have to post them here or else there will be two separate versions of the cars and that can cause compatibility issues.

But I'll make sure to contact you when I'll need any specific sounds.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:44:00 AM by Filipe »

I updated all of my recent cars, some of them received more details and tweaks, but most importantly they now all uses the engine sounds support! Bear in mind that if you downloaded them in Blockland Glass it will take some time for the update to be approved, but in Blockland Online it's instant and already available!

Updates on the Charger, new parts available.

Plus General Lee Option!

Updates on the Charger, new parts available.
Plus General Lee Option!
does the horn work

does the horn work
The engine sounds mod that we're currently using does not support horns, but I'll eventually ask Buddy if that could be added in.