New Years 2021? What happenin'?

Author Topic: New Years 2021? What happenin'?  (Read 7099 times)

We got 5 days- y'all know the drill.

But like, what's happening this year? Game's kinda dead yet again, and from what I remember from last year's largely disappointing take on a New Year's fest, "New Year", or whoever owns that account, isn't doing the servers anymore. And as well, you'd typically see a passworded, "New Year's Dev" server for a good few weeks in December, but I've been popping in and out lately to check on BL's server listings, and I'm pretty sure I only saw something related to "New Years" only once around like late November.

This is probably not the place to talk about it, but forget it, I'll take a baddy ass-raping for the team. Blockland 2/Brickadia's gotten like, a player spike of 500+ connected peeps since its alpha 5 release. They just came out with a patch yesterday, I think literally on Christmas Day, so now it's gonna get more traction yet again. Is the celebration moving over to BC? I'd hate to lose all the content that BL already has for 2021NY, specifically pertaining Events, Scripts, Hatmod, and overall just the whole like, loving backbone of this game that is the Add-On scene...but Brickadia's been poppin' off.

So what's the move? Do you think everyone's gonna return to Blockland again for what could potentially be the final annual magnum opus stuffpost? Or has the community finally moved over to Brickadia's incomplete (but damn gorgeous) redux?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:13:35 PM by speeddog73 »

we’re rehosting last years new years with some build modifications and stuff. we probably wont hit 124-126 players again due to steam only, but we’ll see

itll be an opportunity for everyone who missed last year’s celebration to check it out

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325025.0 (last years topic if you missed it)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:38:27 PM by Conan »

Sounds like a fun time to me! I’ll be there for sure!! :D

we’re rehosting last years new years with some build modifications and stuff. we probably wont hit 124-126 players again due to steam only, but we’ll see

Any relation to the passworded thing Gautier's been hosing on/off these past few days?

Any relation to the passworded thing Gautier's been hosing on/off these past few days?
no

im probably not gonna join again beacuse i will spend the 31st somewhere else with nothing to play with, but i hope you guys have fun

itll be an opportunity for everyone who missed last year’s celebration to check it out

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325025.0 (last years topic if you missed it)
uhhhg forget that dissapoinring
last years didnt have that same stuffpost energy that 2019 had

bring the nword counter back lmao

They still host New Years servers?

This is fine, i'm honestly surprised anything is happening at all at this point, so thanks to everyone who's still putting in an effort to make this work

They still host New Years servers?
yea last year they did but from what I remember it wasn't the "New Year's" account, and it was pretty much just a large build of several hubs with nothing really exciting to it. It wasn't bad, still cool to  look at, but besides like  one parkour level there wasn't anything really to do.

also forget

un-forget

forget again

i'd laugh til the cows come home if gautier hosted new years.

trust conan and whoever did it last time, they did a great job

i'd laugh til the cows come home if gautier hosted new years.

trust conan and whoever did it last time, they did a great job
who said I was hosting this year? I'm hosting for my group, didn't think there'd be harm doing that.

We really need it this year, more than ever. We need to show that there are lots of people that still play this game.

who said I was hosting this year? I'm hosting for my group, didn't think there'd be harm doing that.

Probably for the best.

We really need it this year, more than ever. We need to show that there are lots of people that still play this game.

Agree.  But let's be honest this will be the last New Years BL sees.  At its current rate of player base attrition BL will have something on the order of 5-10 total active players leading into 2022. 

From now on, if not already, it will be a niche/extremely-selective-playerbase piece of software.  Come January 1st, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Badspot shutdown the master server entirely.  At this point I would almost welcome the notion...give BL a defined, semi-dignified death instead of a slow, embarrassing bleed out.