car thread v3

Author Topic: car thread v3  (Read 4369 times)

I drive a manual 2008 Toyota Yaris hatchback. it's sic

epic corolla

5k. fight the absurd miata price increases. give me hope to buy an NA for cheap soon.
i got it for 1k lol

Nice camera
it's my phone's cam, Moto G Power 2021

epic corolla
thank

been driving it a lot the past couple days, has very decent torque and power despite it being a 4 banger with a forgeted vacuum advance, easily more powerful and torque-y than my dad's 2007 chevy aveo lmao

I don't know if anyone here remembers, but back in early 2017, I briefly had a 1989 Toyota Corolla sedan, but had to sell it back to the owner cus couldn't afford it at the time

But now, I have it again :^)

Basically gonna be restoring / modding it as time goes on. It pretty much sat for 6 years straight lol, really needs a lotta TLC

Runs great, but the vacuum advance isn't hooked up due to the previous owner removing literally all of it, so gotta figure out how to do-up the vacuum system again (it's a 5 speed manual, so when you're idling forward without gas, due to the vac advance not hooked up, it bucks like a mule lol)

Basically needs new interior pieces entirely, but they all still work tho, minus the radio and gas gauge

Got a new radio + speakers coming in on sunday too :^)

Fun as forget car to drive, worth the $500
yesssss good luck dude! That's awesome!

yesssss good luck dude! That's awesome!
yus

currently waiting for more emone to roll in + a very important vacuum part to arrive in the mail before working on it further

need the vacuum part + carb plate delete to fix the bucking / surging & idle issue, and it needs new suspension bad, also has a nasty exhaust leak only fixable via replacing the exhaust from the headers itself back to the resonator lol

also needs a driver side cv axle shaft, boot forgeted

yus

currently waiting for more emone to roll in + a very important vacuum part to arrive in the mail before working on it further

need the vacuum part + carb plate delete to fix the bucking / surging & idle issue, and it needs new suspension bad, also has a nasty exhaust leak only fixable via replacing the exhaust from the headers itself back to the resonator lol

also needs a driver side cv axle shaft, boot forgeted
Is it a nasty exhaust leak in a good way, or a bad way? You got a video? Good sounding exhaust leaks aren't common, but my 2.0 MK4 Golf had an okay sounding one, had to fix it though. Not as nice as an aftermarket exhaust but it definitely felt faster and got a lot of dirty looks :P

Good luck with everything! Please keep us updated on it as you work on it! And when the thread inevitably dies, my PMs would love some updates too ;)

Is it a nasty exhaust leak in a good way, or a bad way? You got a video? Good sounding exhaust leaks aren't common, but my 2.0 MK4 Golf had an okay sounding one, had to fix it though. Not as nice as an aftermarket exhaust but it definitely felt faster and got a lot of dirty looks :P

Good luck with everything! Please keep us updated on it as you work on it! And when the thread inevitably dies, my PMs would love some updates too ;)
Nasty as in, the entire exhaust system is forgeted. Manifold & down the pipe to the muffler, though the muffler and back is fine. Needs a whole new system otherwise. Surprisingly, the leak sounds great LOL, sounds very mean and raspy, makes a nice rumble/popping when revving back down, not farty. I'll get a vid & audio tomorrow, though idk if the phone mic will pick it up well.

I did find a massive vacuum leak on the carburetor spacer / heater plate, which I plugged up with a stuffload of RTV, and RTV'd around the top and bottom to be triple sure the gasket ain't leaking, and boy it drives like a new car now. Revs smooth, idles smooth (though high cus off timing), doesn't rev hang, doesn't buck and surge anymore, etc.

Pic of it yesterday. Painted the rims & air cleaner too cus they were ugly as stuff. Also cleaned the engine logo cus it purdy

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:17:48 AM by Insert Name Here² »

What's a good and quick way to clean an engine bay

been a couple weeks, lotsa change happened to my yota rolla (in time order)

-added in the stereo and budget speakers in the front dash (car only has 2 front speakers from factory lol)
-RTV'd and fixed all vacuum leaks, gotta rebuild the carb tho, the idle jet is clogged
-added aftermarket tach
-fixed the interior blower fan via re-wiring it to a new switch since the original climate control switch has a forget-all massive short somewhere
-removed all of the old exhaust except for the muffler (the only salvageable part of the whole system)
-slapped on the 2-piece headers and will slap on the rest of the system tomorrow

love corolla

felix wankel still got shootas out here

post neat interior shots

i test-drove a '91 MR2 sw20 turbo yesterday. i went in excited but it didn't really impress me, JDM stuff is really overhyped i think. the guy wanted $16K, did not seem worth it in the slightest (besides the fact that it would probably appreciate in value if i really took care of it)

also i found out i can fit into an NC miata despite being 6'5 so that's cool

i test-drove a '91 MR2 sw20 turbo yesterday. i went in excited but it didn't really impress me, JDM stuff is really overhyped i think. the guy wanted $16K, did not seem worth it in the slightest (besides the fact that it would probably appreciate in value if i really took care of it)

also i found out i can fit into an NC miata despite being 6'5 so that's cool
The older JDM cars are usually not impressive stock. Especially when compared to modern cars. They are just great platforms to modify. The Miata NC is also super roomy for what it is. The only issue I have is the damn cup holders on the doors make it uncomfortable to really spread my legs out.

Last November Lizzy and I got a 2021 Hyundai Accent. I got it at 3k miles, I'm at about 13-14k now. We've been going all over the place with it, I love it!
It has a Intelligent Manual Transmission alongside a sports mode, good on gas and fun to drive
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by Alyx Vance »