Author Topic: Trying to find this weird game from my childhood i remember near nothing about  (Read 3380 times)

there was a game i played a very small amount of when i was younger, point and click "exploration" FMV type thing a la Harvester where you control a little dog going through what i believe was either greek history or the nine circles of hell, but i definitely remember being able to go to hell in it. literally all i remember about it, but what little there is is burned into my brain. you werent controlling a dog looking person, just an actual dog, but the dog had a voice? it sounded a little like Barbas from Skyrim, so maybe Barbas' voice took a little bit of inspiration from this game? idk. if anyone knows what game this is please lemme know. this stuff being explained sounds like a fever dream but i know it was real.

Never heard of it. Nostolgia is really a blurred window, alot of things stand out that shouldnt.
I say go to tipofmytounge on reddit. Theyve always helped me find rare stuff.

can ask on gaming.stackexchange, as they do game identification questions assuming you give enough info.

It might help if you have a sort of timezone that you remember playing said game, was this early 2000's ? 2010's? I assume this was a flash game??

It might help if you have a sort of timezone that you remember playing said game, was this early 2000's ? 2010's? I assume this was a flash game??
2006-8, was actually a storebought cd at like a dollar store or something similar. thrift shop maybe? looked to be old, like myst era. stuff youd find at a thrift store.

Have you asked gaming exchange or Reddit yet?

the only thing i can think of similar to this is okami

There are still some differences but since its a old memory it could be.

i know for a fact it wasnt it was like ,zooboomafoo era point and click with FMV

forgot i have the ability to draw let me try drawing some stuff from memory. also i remembered something else.

i distinctly remember a scene like this, big towering castle in the distance with a long, thin odd bridge looming over a enormous body of fire and brimstone.

ALSO i remember like, a take on the garden of eden now that i think harder of it? basically the dog ends up in what looks like a vaguely ancient roman themed garden with a woman offering the dog an apple. refusing the apple just loops to her asking again if you'll take it, only way to get out of it is to back out of the screen

accepting the apple would kill you by turning you into like, a cooked chicken or something? like you just comedically transform into it, not you roasting on an open fire or something, you just immediately poofed into food?
it would game over immediately after

this all seems so loving weird and i know it is but i know it was REAL i PLAYED this around the same time that i played games like the amazon trail, the yukon trail, and the zooboomafoo CD games. it most CERTAINLY was a CD and not something downloaded, i didnt have internet then. its probably something you'd see like, brutalmoose review but i haven't seen it (then again i dont know what im looking for)

Never heard of it. Nostolgia is really a blurred window, alot of things stand out that shouldnt.
I say go to tipofmytounge on reddit. Theyve always helped me find rare stuff.
tipofmyjoystick is how i found a super obscure game from my childhood, would recommend
also you used the wrong loving stock image of that dog.

do any of these seem familiar

My Lost Dog (can't find much about this game)

Ruff's Bone
https://youtu.be/Kas6RqtDbcg

Digby

All dogs go to heaven activity center
https://youtu.be/k4mRpJiydKc

Reksio games
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 01:30:23 PM by Goth77 »

https://youtu.be/lJCmsjnK_i8

Was it this wishbone game where he goes to Hades because it's Homer's The Odyssey? That's the only dog that came to mind to me that might have a game where he actually traveled to hell or anything like it.

Also sorry for the month old bump, saw this post and the topic intrigued me.

YEAH THATS THE GAME I KNEW I MISREMEMBERED SOMETHING BUT THAT NAME AND THOSE VISUALS YEAH THATS THE ONE