the stagnation of blockland

Author Topic: the stagnation of blockland  (Read 18813 times)

Badspot forgeted over Ephialtes for being better than him.
Badspot forgeted over maps for stuffty shaders nobody uses.
Badspot forgeted over the steam greenlight launch.
Badspot forgeted over the players of this game.
Yeah, for BL specifically we've had a lot of issues.
But theres no doubt in my mind if we'd not alienated Developers
and modders with the first two decisions, and alienated potential
users with the last two, we'd likely be a few years behind where we are now.

But I still think the Death of Blockland was Inevitable.
The writing was on the the wall a decade ago.
He denied it for years with his satirical "blockland is dying" compilation without realizing the irony was all on him.
Yes.

The dumb forgeter killed a game that would have blown roblox out of the water years ago because he was too stupid, lazy, and narcissistic to adapt to the times and show an ounce of humility.
Mostly yes. but I think "Blowing Roblox out of the water" is being too generous.
It'd probably have been a Decent Garry's Mod competitor and maybe successor.

Literally could have retained the features beloved by the player base and even added microtransactions while making it F2P and had a massive success bigger than Minecraft.
No.
I'd much rather Blockland in the grave than see it ever Implementing microtransactions and forever desecrating it's memory.
No matter how popular Blockland would've become, microtransactions is a trade too high.

The only reason to blame for the stagnation of blockland is the creator himself. 
The community tried to keep this game going at every opportunity but the creator fought it at every turn.
Well the one thing I'm surprised the community hasn't attempted, especially with it's recent popularity is
a Decomp project.

Well the one thing I'm surprised the community hasn't attempted, especially with it's recent popularity is
a Decomp project.
Its going to happen in 2077 dont rush things

Also why havent we. Whats badspot gonna do? Ban us?

Its going to happen in 2077 dont rush things

Also why havent we. Whats badspot gonna do? Ban us?
someone actually tried to port blockland to like torque 3 and found it really cumbersome. i think his discord got deleted so i cant ask him the status of it
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 12:10:54 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

someone actually tried to port blockland to like torque 3 and found it really cumbersome. i think his discord got deleted so i cant ask him the status of it
who said port? Just want a decompile. Gimmie that source code

Badspot forgeted over Ephialtes for being better than him.
I miss omelette lord 😔

badspot made a lot of money so i think it went all right for him

mtx would be ass im glad this is a game you can just buy

he made barely any progress anyways, only managed to port the blockland ui

a Decomp project.
because there's literally no point. in 2006 or whatever it was a different story, but blockland is no longer novel, technologically or otherwise. games like space engineers and indeed brickadia have proven that you can do much more. attempting to decompile blockland and get a useful, maintainable product out of it would take more work than just starting over with modern tools

at this point there's nothing we can really do to increase the playercount, things are going to be this way until badspot eventually decides to stop paying for the servers.
we make a cult

at this point there's nothing we can really do to increase the playercount

blockland tiktoks

at this point there's nothing we can really do to increase the playercount
we could pay someone big to play it or give it a shoutout, tons of Z list celebrities will do it on cameo

we could pay someone big to play it or give it a shoutout, tons of Z list celebrities will do it on cameo

I say we all put our money together to pay the biggest Cameo celebrity to tell people to play Blockland

I think the biggest issue with that is player retention, like, after the initial day of paying some celebrity to play Blockland, what would keep the influx of casual players coming back to this game?

I think the biggest issue with that is player retention, like, after the initial day of paying some celebrity to play Blockland, what would keep the influx of casual players coming back to this game?
do any of y'all remember when albertsstuff played and there was a massive influx of kids who bought the game just to join servers and grief/spam the n word