what is everyone's job/career here

Author Topic: what is everyone's job/career here  (Read 3792 times)

its not a work study, i get actual paychecks that i often use on various things unrelated to college. i also have a good amount of scholarships and other financial aid so im not paying that much semester to semester. also a matter of convenience because i dont have to drive to separate locations / its easier to work around my classes
I did the same thing for a while, I worked as a tutor for my college but it wasn't work study. and it was an open tutoring room, not scheduled tutoring, so I got paid for the time I was available rather than the time I was actually helping ppl. probably more than half the hours I worked over the course of 2 years I didn't actually do any work lmao
crazy how that happens, lol. hey as long as you don't absolutely hate your job and the people you work with, and it pays well, might as well stick with it even if it wasn't quite what you had in mind :)
yea it's a good job, I didn't really have anything in mind and the only other offer I had at the time wasn't great. plus I work from home, pretty solid gig overall

I'm a software/platform/devops/fullstack engineer

my job is to take an EpicDukey

I'm an electrician now yeeeeeeaaaa! which means I sit in a truck a lot, drive heavy machinery around on trailers, dig trenches, risk death by cooking my internal organs, drink way to many energy drinks, think about punching holes in drywall a lot (because sheetrockers don't understand that the little blue boxes in the walls AREN'T FOR THEM TO PUT ALL THEIR LEFTOVER MUD IN!!) but then I don't because someone has to be the better man and obviously since electricians are better that means us.

All so peoples wifi enabled toilets have power

its not a work study, i get actual paychecks that i often use on various things unrelated to college. i also have a good amount of scholarships and other financial aid so im not paying that much semester to semester. also a matter of convenience because i dont have to drive to separate locations / its easier to work around my classes
ah i see. well hey there you go, if it fits around your schedule and benefits you that's a plus. keep up the good work yo

I'm an electrician now yeeeeeeaaaa! which means I sit in a truck a lot, drive heavy machinery around on trailers, dig trenches, risk death by cooking my internal organs, drink way to many energy drinks, think about punching holes in drywall a lot (because sheetrockers don't understand that the little blue boxes in the walls AREN'T FOR THEM TO PUT ALL THEIR LEFTOVER MUD IN!!) but then I don't because someone has to be the better man and obviously since electricians are better that means us.

haha thats epic. doing electricity is fun imo but you have to know what you're doing or you'll be literal toast! my father and I ran aluminum service wire from power pole to basement breaker box which ran up to the 3rd story/attic of a big home, that was a hell of a learning experience for me at the time being fresh out of highschool.

them energy drinks tho man...there was a time when I was working 12-16 hour shifts at a factory and was relying on energy drinks to keep me going and it sucked because I always felt like stuff - plus i barely even had enough time to spend my checks and the work was physically painful and exhausting too so that didn't help. nowadays i usually drink those body armors (blu raz or strawberry banana) but occasionally I'll get one of those starbucks double shot coffee in a can.

also, wifi toilets wtf. i wonder if you take a big stuff in one does it interfere with the signal?!

residential im guessing?

my job is to take an EpicDukey
not cool bro....

also i forgot to say my job, i'm an aircraft mechanic.

not too surprised about the amount of programming jobs people have here. if i could wrap my head around software a bit more i'd probably still be going down the IT path but i let my A+ expire 3 years ago lol

My current job is currently waiting on one of the companies I applied to to loving call back

accountant. Not a glamorous job, but I finally a means of affording all the lego sets I couldn't afford as a kid :cookieMonster:

software engineer, currently working on windows applications

Currently at a summer job in a paint factory

I get paid by the IDF to make “built for BBC” threads on 4chan

That was a lie. I am an electrical drafter full time and security part time. You’d think an architectural/engineering career would pay the bills but nah.

I work on cars for a big retail company and get underpaid. :"C