do u ever explain this stuff to anyone?

Author Topic: do u ever explain this stuff to anyone?  (Read 4887 times)

this place is aching for a 1.5 hour long youtube video that will have about 10k views for 2 more years until in 2025 we finally get traction
i want so badly for izzzyzzz to make a video on this place

blockland is nothing more than a game engine with reddit-style moderation

The price to enter the forums never really bothered me since I was used to something awful's $10 entry

here is a drawing of a cute girl with tits i made

awesome 😎

i know random people whose kids played this game so it’s best not to talk about such things for politeness

I still think about this place sometimes. It's really strange being nostalgic for something but also immediately moving on because it severely corrupted you as a teen, because wow it sure was an endless chasm of toxic waste 75% of the time. It's no wonder that KF was put together by some guy who got kicked off of this site

The entire period of my life where I played this game and participated in this forum feels like a fugue state occasionally punctuated by stupid lolcow drama. This place was formative to me growing up and I enjoyed my time here (I think?), but I'm not really sure how I'd explain it to anyone who wasn't here.

EDIT: Slightly related but a very similar type of community to this one (dramatic/concerning community, apathetic owner) existed for a Garry's Mod DarkRP server I used to play. One of the more prominent members of that community was a Blockland player. They were the only person I've met in the wild who's played this game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:50:49 PM by Gsterman »

when i explain this I mostly explain the game/mods/programming because thats the actual interesting part. ive explained the culture to a few friends and they just looked at me in a forgeted up way when I had to explain there was dozens of people constantly outing eachother for being predators. People seem to understand more when I explain that its more or less just like looking at reality TV play out over a lego game backdrop

not really in detail. I just say it was a lego game forum if it comes up. and I do be using the past tense. I don't usually say anything specific unless it's someone who is already at least vaguely familiar with the forum
except that I A. had and B. still have the highest number of posts of all time here. I will mention that unprompted

not really in detail. I just say it was a lego game forum if it comes up. and I do be using the past tense. I don't usually say anything specific unless it's someone who is already at least vaguely familiar with the forum
except that I A. had and B. still have the highest number of posts of all time here. I will mention that unprompted
3,000 more posts and i will be the victor of the BLF