blf might outlast kiwi farms lmao

Author Topic: blf might outlast kiwi farms lmao  (Read 12317 times)

on god bro I forgot I already used that metaphor here
anyway stfu. grow a brain. they are intentionally harassing people with the express goal of them killing themselves. if that's not enough for you then how about bomb threats?

It was already pointed out in a post by IBan this person is a burner account that is a bad actor, was created in 2020 yet wasn't active until July of this year. Even then, they've only posted a handful of times.

I don't think a burner account who's likely trolling is representative of an entire community?

The "driving people to Self Delete narrative" does hold weight, but when you actually examine the people who sadly ended their lives most if not all of them were troubled people who suffered from Self Delete ideation before they were even talked about on the forums. One person did cite Kiwi in their Self Delete note, but when they committed Self Delete they didn't even have a thread on the forum *yet*. In one of the threads of a person that did commit Self Delete, most users offered condolences and the thread was closed shortly after.

Kiwifarms is edgy, but not to the point that users are wishing death on those who are documented on the forum (but there are bad actors, they do get ridiculed/banned though).

They're also self aware, and Iban has his own thread. He gets made fun of constantly.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a website of this nature, as long as it stays contained in the forum and goes no further than that. People have the right to say something you might not like you know, especially if you're stirring stuff. If you looked at the people documented on the site you'd realize most of them deserve it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:58:20 AM by Mr. Bones »

Quote from: Goth77
If someone tells another person to do something stupid, who is guilty?
The person telling them to do it. loving Christ it's not even a contest.
I disagree. If you tell someone to go jump off a cliff and they do it, it's still their fault for jumping, because they chose to do it. Even if 50 other people told them to go jump off a cliff, at the end of the day the decision was still theirs to make.

so if your child's classmates harassed your kid and told them to kill themself, you'd just chalk it up to being entirely your kid's decision and not blame their classmates at all?

genuine question

I disagree. If you tell someone to go jump off a cliff and they do it, it's still their fault for jumping, because they chose to do it. Even if 50 other people told them to go jump off a cliff, at the end of the day the decision was still theirs to make.
Hello jarvis google peer pressure 4 this monday

Peer pressure is a very real and dangerous thing, btw

Hello jarvis google peer pressure 4 this monday
I mean, this guy said it first, but i thunk it firster :cookie:

so if your child's classmates harassed your kid and told them to kill themself, you'd just chalk it up to being entirely your kid's decision and not blame their classmates at all?

genuine question
I see what you are saying, and obviously the harassment would need to be addressed by me as a parent, to the school and other parents involved. I'm not advocating for the bullying of children. If that terrible thing were to happen I would probably blame myself more than anything because as a parent it's my job to protect my kids. That includes being involved with whatever they do online until they reach an age appropriate to browse freely, and talking to them about what is going on in their life to make sure everything is okay. If a grown adult decides to take their own life, and is set on that decision, there isn't much you can do to stop them. It's up to them to stop themselves from carrying out a deed that is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - and seek mental help!

Peer pressure is a very real and dangerous thing, btw
Peer Pressure: How to Deal with It

Although this article is talking about drugs, the same concept applies when it comes to any type of peer pressure. The one I like the best is

Quote from: Tips on How to Deal with Peer Pressure
Practice being a leader. Leadership happens when a person cuts a new path through an issue. Young adults can keep in mind that they may feel pressure, but they are not obligated to do anything they don’t want to do or know better than to do. Peer pressure works, in part, by making people feel as if they are without options. This is simply never the case

I don't think there's anything wrong with a website of this nature, as long as it stays contained in the forum and goes no further than that. People have the right to say something you might not like you know, especially if you're stirring stuff. If you looked at the people documented on the site you'd realize most of them deserve it.
internet culture has changed and as much as i love stuffting on idiots online, these kind of sites now are just breeding grounds for people who are radicalized in this kind of behavior. kiwifarms itself may not condone it but all it takes is one bad actor to do something foul (and by the looks of it it happens a lot)

The argument can be simplified: We all know it is categorically evil to tell people to kill themselves, threaten to bomb them, to send fake threats to the police, and to coordinate real life harassment against people, but the idea that KF is culpable just isn't compelling. Originally we were posting screencaps of hilariously pitiful bad actors, then the sentiment very quickly changed to 'the posts don't have to exist. the users don't even have to be registered with the site' because it is now plainly discoverable that KF and KF's users only condone a "look don't touch" modus operandi. Wherever it is that these words are jumping off the screen to kill people, KiwiFarms being there "in spirit" shouldn't be enough, and I think anyone who's being sincere can agree on that.

It seems the actual crux of the argument is, "It is evil to publicly investigate, compile, and archive people's stuffty online behavior", which is what KF is truly guilty of; making the facts and history readily available to anyone and everyone, whether they're just there to innocently discuss the behavior or to go secretly coordinate with their black ops trolling unit discord about how to get pizzas sent to their apartment. In either case, it doesn't take the collaboration of the entire website to get someone swatted, nor is it even possible because it's explicitly against the rules which we know are being enforced.

When we tell the truth, is it our responsibility to conceal and suppress it so that it doesn't make it into the hands of people who would act maliciously? Personally, I loving hate equifax.

The argument can be simplified: We all know it is categorically evil to tell people to kill themselves, threaten to bomb them, to send fake threats to the police, and to coordinate real life harassment against people, but the idea that KF is culpable just isn't compelling. Originally we were posting screencaps of hilariously pitiful bad actors, then the sentiment very quickly changed to 'the posts don't have to exist. the users don't even have to be registered with the site' because it is now plainly discoverable that KF and KF's users only condone a "look don't touch" modus operandi. Wherever it is that these words are jumping off the screen to kill people, KiwiFarms being there "in spirit" shouldn't be enough, and I think anyone who's being sincere can agree on that.

It seems the actual crux of the argument is, "It is evil to publicly investigate, compile, and archive people's stuffty online behavior", which is what KF is truly guilty of; making the facts and history readily available to anyone and everyone, whether they're just there to innocently discuss the behavior or to go secretly coordinate with their black ops trolling unit discord about how to get pizzas sent to their apartment. In either case, it doesn't take the collaboration of the entire website to get someone swatted, nor is it even possible because it's explicitly against the rules which we know are being enforced.

When we tell the truth, is it our responsibility to conceal and suppress it so that it doesn't make it into the hands of people who would act maliciously? Personally, I loving hate equifax.
you make an interesting argument but you forgot to include that not only is it an archive for peoples stuffty behavior, people on KF make up evidence as well

Nothing's perfect, but for a forum full of rabid internet bullies, they have a pretty decent standard of evidence. There's an emphasis on proper archiving. I'm not a regular user of the site and I can't access it right now, but from memory most OPs are essentially big long lists of compiled archives with sparse commentary/explanation of what's in them.

kiwifarms.ru is now down, the .onion link is the only working one at the moment

kiwifarms.ru is now down, the .onion link is the only working one at the moment

what is the difference between threats being posted on sites like kf than other social media platforms like facebook/twitter/youtube? i'm sure there have been more than thousands of such things posted on those websites, even murders/terror attacks that have been carried out on after being posted about on the bigger websites. but no one calls for facebook to be shut down. regardless of how you feel about kf, you have to admit that this campaign to get rid of it is orchestrated by media companies with much more than sheer good intentions. all of it's politically motivated, and will only embolden them further to come down harder on larger targets. sites like 4chan will be next, mark my words.

what is the difference between threats being posted on sites like kf than other social media platforms like facebook/twitter/youtube?

sites like 4chan will be next, mark my words.
4chan going down probably would be a net benefit for the internet ngl