Author Topic: brickadia is going into early access 2023  (Read 10371 times)

Here's to hoping that this game crash and burns. I don't care, I really don't care.
it won't. weirdo blockland dweebs are literally the only people that care about any of that stuff, and the deranged way you all present it doesn't help your case. there is no meaningful precedent for a game's developers' actions actually having an impact on the game's sales, whether it's AAA, indie, or something in between. it's a pipe dream
also you obviously care. what do you even mean by that. you're foaming at the mouth about it on the blf

I wish the devs the best I guess, but everything I'm seeing here about the game's community doesn't give me high hopes.

I agree, do you agree with banning people from the game for a long time for being obnoxious?

I actually do. I think Badspot has done this before. I don't care if people are getting their feelings hurt by words but I would care if my game's sales were suffering because people found it "obnoxious" to play. I would be significantly biased towards a more hands off approach though because people who take on the role of morally arbitrating internet communities are all insane degenerates. Tattle-tale culture is also super lame and easily manipulated.

I remember the first time I played Blockland, every server I joined I would get banned out of and the reason would be something like "1K ID = forget YOU NOOB" and this is obviously an extremely awful first impression. I'm not sure what the solution is here but if I was just some stupid redditor and I was playing the game for the first time and that was my experience I would probably go refund it.

I wish the devs the best I guess, but everything I'm seeing here about the game's community doesn't give me high hopes.
Been actively participating in the discord for about 2 1/2 years now and played about 500 hours, honestly haven't seen any real drama or anything negative since that dev was kicked over two years ago. Generally everyone is really friendly and I haven't noticed any particular heavy handedness in moderation, aside from a few small choices that annoy me (all gifs posted in the discord get deleted by the bot mod, really?). I do think it'd be a fair assessment to say that the devs have a fairly short tolerance for people trying to start stuff, if you're deliberately being a nuisance or repeatedly poking the bear there's a good chance you'll be muted in the Discord, or get your free alpha access revoked if you're really going the extra mile, but generally for 99% of people it is NOT hard to not get banned, just be a decent person and interact in good faith. And leave any tribal/homophobic/sensible/xenophobic stuff at the door.

It's honestly kind of funny seeing the way it's described so viscerally negatively by some in this thread, it's just so dissonant to how generally positive and good the countless interactions I've witnessed in the game's community over these last few years have been from my perspective.

And leave any tribal/homophobic/sensible/xenophobic stuff at the door.
that's the problem, they don't want to lol

Haven't really had a computer which could run it to be honest. Might be able to run it now but I had one of those old alpha keys. No idea if it still works.

Are these feature announcements (not the general roadmap wishlists) actually grounded in use? As someone in BL who genuinely enjoyed creating interactive/behaviors stuff, I really can't say I'm interested unless many instances of the interactables can happen without much performance drop. That and vehicles.

I basically just want a Blockland that runs in current decade.

Nobody knows how any of the new features will run/work really cause they've been fairly secretive about a lot of it and mostly just post the same few shots of it, physics seem to not brick PCs or anything but the vehicle update has had zero showcases and the behaviors have been mentioned a little, just gotta wait till it hits prime time in April I guess

I haven't noticed any particular heavy handedness in moderation
one of the mods hates my guts because...
i posted an out of context screenshot of them here (without knowing that it was out of context). their status as a moderator of course means they basically get admin on every server and he uses this power to ban me from them (with the reason being "problem user"). completely and utterly childish, i did something wrong and instead of allowing me to apologise or clearing things up with me, he restricts me from playing on 90% of servers.

i think that definitely classes as being particularly heavy handed

If you ask me, I'd think it be better continue playing Blockland or find another sandbox game akin to it rather than play this hotmess of a "game".
Finding another game like Blockland is like finding another game like Team Fortress 2, there are many other class-based shooters out there, but none quite like TF2, and despite it's troubles, Brickadia is the closest thing we will ever have to a current day Blockland

It's fine if you don't care, but whether or not we stick to one game or move on to the next is not for any one person to dictate, but the fact of the matter is that Blockland is dying, practically lying awake in it's own grave, so to speak

If you're concerned with Brickadia's community, keep in mind that the community here became toxic enough to drive away a chunk of the players, and anyone who remained just didn't want to put up with any of the game's jank or limitations, so what you have left is basically a ghost town that only comes to life around New Years, if even that at this point

But only time will tell what happens to both games, maybe Brickadia will be a colossal failure, or maybe it will be the Blockland successor we needed, who knows

Yeah an actual pretty serious issue with the moderation is personal biases over ancient beefs from this website I don't even remember. The last time (surely hehe) I played Brickadia I went to sleep, they wrote the code of conduct while I was asleep, determined I had broken it, and when I woke up I was banned. I asked what the hell happened and they sent me an image of somebody else's spam. This person's name was literally in the screencap. They were not banned.

The moderation sounds like it needs a lot of work, and while i understand if they don't want a repeat of this community, it sounds like they're going overboard in some plaeces and making mistakes left and right in others...

Oh I genuinely understand the wanting to remove hemophilia and racism and stuff from your community, but that doesn't stop a community from being toxic.
The moderation and community are still the same old stuff as they were here, just not tribal and homophobic.

Been actively participating in the discord for about 2 1/2 years now and played about 500 hours, honestly haven't seen any real drama or anything negative since that dev was kicked over two years ago. Generally everyone is really friendly and I haven't noticed any particular heavy handedness in moderation, aside from a few small choices that annoy me (all gifs posted in the discord get deleted by the bot mod, really?). I do think it'd be a fair assessment to say that the devs have a fairly short tolerance for people trying to start stuff, if you're deliberately being a nuisance or repeatedly poking the bear there's a good chance you'll be muted in the Discord, or get your free alpha access revoked if you're really going the extra mile, but generally for 99% of people it is NOT hard to not get banned, just be a decent person and interact in good faith. And leave any tribal/homophobic/sensible/xenophobic stuff at the door.

It's honestly kind of funny seeing the way it's described so viscerally negatively by some in this thread, it's just so dissonant to how generally positive and good the countless interactions I've witnessed in the game's community over these last few years have been from my perspective.
you're in the in-group. you are the everyman. your view of the community and moderation as being totally perfect is curated. like, one of my main gripes is that the mods were literally going out of their way to poke me at times, like deleting a literal pair of digitigrade legs while i was asking for feedback while learning how to draw because they believed it was nsfw, in which case i had to be defended by regulars because i could not be heard out by the moderators. i can't get many other examples because i'm banned from the discord aside from an attempt to permanently mute me for 0 reason a while ago which was only stopped by me bringing it up publicly, again, but there's other testimony you can get from plenty of people, such as for the recent automod fiasco or kokonut's still ongoing permanent mute for reposting something a dev had posted in dev-media, among other things

that's the problem, they don't want to lol
you're right - i am a super homophobic/tribal/sensible/xenophobic user and deserved to be permanently removed from every facet of their platform for saying there was an omori maniac in q/a, as well as a bunch of different blockland users not traditionally associated with doing that who've had issues in the past with brickadia and it's moderation who are also all those things. surely stereotyping everyone outside of the gated community as an evil bad guy is morally righteous and correct and not something that was a prevalent and extremely toxic issue in blockland

LOL YOU POSTED THE LEGS
Yeah I remember that stuff, it was a mess over some legs when Thiccadia kept being posted.

Yeah the In Crowd is very much a thing, thankfully the steam gallery wasn't entirely the same people's furry OCs walking around, but the games community is very much trying to get recognized as brickadia famous as early as they can. I'll admit even I've done stuff to be recognizable there.
I think it's just the blockland residue that will always cling to it and games like it

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:26:19 PM by plad101 »

LOL YOU POSTED THE LEGS
Yeah I remember that stuff, it was a mess over some legs when Thiccadia kept being posted.

Yeah the In Crowd is very much a thing, thankfully the steam gallery wasn't entirely the same people's furry OCs walking around, but the games community is very much trying to get recognized as brickadia famous as early as they can. I'll admit even I've done stuff to be recognizable there.
I think it's just the blockland residue that will always cling to it and games like it
wish you would do something you be recognizable to women