Trench CTF

Author Topic: Trench CTF  (Read 20402 times)

Trench CTF
Download

These are the files for my classic Trench CTF game mode. Please enjoy!

Required add-ons:
Gamemode_Slayer
Weapon_Skins_Rifles
Weapon_ShortRifle_NoRecoil
Weapon_Rocket_Launcher
Weapon_Package_Tier2A
Weapon_Package_Tier2
Weapon_Package_Tier1A
Weapon_Package_Tier1
Weapon_Package_Explosive2
Weapon_Package_Explosive1
Weapon_Melee_Extended
Weapon_Gun
Weapon_C4Explosive
Sound_Beeps
Sound_Blockland
Server_ServerVoting
Server_TeamLifeTickets
Server_RulesPlus
Server_PhysicsDeath
Server_GamePreferences
Server_AutoSave
Server_AFKKicker
Server_AdminControlsManager
Server_AdminChat
Script_ObstructRadiusDamage
Script_HealthBar
Script_Compass
Projectile_GravityRocket
Player_No_Jet
Player_MultipleSlots
Item_Pill
Item_Medpack
Gamemode_TrenchDigging
GameMode_Trench_CTF
Gamemode_Slayer_CTF
Emote_Critical
Brick_Large_Cubes
Bot_Hole
Bot_Blockhead

If you have all of the add-ons, this should be a turn-key game mode package suitable for hosting servers (although I haven't tried it in 5+ years).

It appears that I also designed this to cycle through different maps automatically. If you want to do that, it looks like you'll need my Game Mode Cycle. The only line in the "config/server/GAME_MODE_LIST.txt" file should be GameMode_Trench_CTF.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:09:35 PM by Greek2me »

I dont know if I should be afraid youre leaving the scene because youre releasing old stuff or excited youre releasing old stuff.

Either way many thanks for the addons!

Wouldnt it be a better idea to include the required addons in the gamemode download

gamemodes are traditionally set up to require mods rather than include them in the gamemode itself to avoid file duplication, but i honestly agree that for ease of portability and compatibility it should have been normalized to include required addons within the gamemode itself. unfortunately thats just not how the system is structured though.

It just defeats the point of the gamemode system meant for noobs who dont know how to set everything up themselves having to go on a scavenger hunt across the internet for a grocery list of addons just so they can get a server running for their 2 friends on lan (and thats assuming all of the download links are still working)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 01:34:55 AM by Biqus »

I was just thinking about your Trench Wars server a few days ago. This really takes me back. Thanks for releasing your old stuff, we all appreciate it!

It just defeats the point of the gamemode system meant for noobs who dont know how to set everything up themselves having to go on a scavenger hunt across the internet for a grocery list of addons just so they can get a server running for their 2 friends on lan (and thats assuming all of the download links are still working)
hard agree. the system had potential but wasn’t executed well imo