Author Topic: Old Blockland Screenshots and Discussion  (Read 16698 times)

Hey guys. I do not know if many of you remember me, but I have recently been cleaning up old, OLD hard drives. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the oldest screenshots on my family's Gateway machine (rip), but I have some photos from when Greenlight was a huge thing back then.

Like many of you, Blockland was a transformative experience for me. While nothing can last forever, I am sure we can all hold dear to our hearts what Blockland was. For many, it shaped our futures. Many became content developers, computer scientists, and engineers because of Blockland. The Airport RPs I played in got me interested in aviation, so at some point, I decided that I wanted to be an aerospace engineer. The Off Topic board games, like the Nation RPs, got me intensely interested in geopolitics, map games (EU4), and world history. I look back at my history in Blockland fondly, and I am glad that I was fortunate enough to avoid most of the drama that went on around here. The community could have been a little better (trolls, hackers, child enthusiasts, etc.), but the game itself brought so many people together to build stuff.

No one looks in the gallery anymore and I think this post can also foster some more generic discussions about Blockland. Go at it.

First three are from one of the Greenlight celebration servers, the fourth is from YorkTown's CityRPG (I think his last one?), and the last is from Heed's Slopes TDM revival.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 07:44:47 PM by Swat 3 »

all classics

cool to see you around again

This appears to be the absolute oldest Blockland pic I still have.

The second pic I believe was done in the same Greenlight period.

The second pic I believe was done in the same Greenlight period.
Oh hey, i got a picture of that tower too

Holy stuff the names in that tower

Holy stuff the names in that tower
10 years ago

So many old names you don't see anymore :panda:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:42:38 PM by Masterlegodude »

So many old names you don't see anymore :panda:
i am still in contact with GooG but no one else from the pictures

Sorry for the photobucket watermark, this is the only way these exist now, I think,

These are literally the oldest screenshots I have of the game, they were all taken from my very first server hosted on my own in December of 2007. These were the winners of a short lived building contest I hosted where every week there was a theme, clearly the theme this month was often snow or christmas.

the original images are still available by saving the images through the direct photobucket links

-snip-

Well, I'll be danged- I thought photobucket stuff the bed years ago with old uploads.

not a screenshot as much as a slideshow but my entry into the old ytmnd contest

https://blocklanders.ytmnd.com/

Well, I'll be danged- I thought photobucket stuff the bed years ago with old uploads.
I can't access any of my Photobucket stuff it's like trying to ransom my photos to me for money

From the DOF screenshots megathread

not a screenshot as much as a slideshow but my entry into the old ytmnd contest

https://blocklanders.ytmnd.com/

this part made me laugh lol

looking at some of these pictures makes me wanna cry :panda: