my final message to badspot

Author Topic: my final message to badspot  (Read 47429 times)

Yet there were few, if any, documented cases of groomers getting banned which is what this conversation is about.
I used to do this, and you're right. However, it's certainly mitigation and isn't the norm in the new system, especially for groomers which I'll talk about in the next quote. Of course, none of this works if they don't get banned in the first place. Again, I don't think there were many (or potentially any) documented cases of groomers getting banned.
For banned creeps Tenshi comes to mind, NickPB, IBan/Null/Joshua Moon, Pandan(?), Plastiware (dude was literally charged in the court of law), and Stocking may be in this camp as well. A few other known creeps were involved in Brickadia's development and were banned from that... not sure if you count that though.

The only widely known creeps I'm aware of who weren't banned are Racerboy and Otis - but both of these were called out publicly and eventually saw themselves out. Unless there's other people I'm not aware of most of the creepy/groomy people were actually punished for their behavior.

Bisjac having such a proximity or being acquainted enough with Badspot to regularly mention that he would watch his kids.
Don't think this is true, Bisjac was from Minnesota and Badspot is on the east coast somewhere. Bisjac talked out of his ass a lot. IIRC Bisjac actually had a daughter- I remember he posted a picture of her at Mall of America.

What were the Bisjac accusations? I'm unfamiliar, curious to see

I think the issue people are having is that these individuals were around openly preying for way too long before any punishment was given. Like they got caught actually doing creep stuff much later than they should have because they were comfortable in a community that enabled it/wouldn't take it seriously. (also dont want to put much blame on "us" because obviously most of us were children/teenagers and didnt fully grasp these concepts) And most of the time the punishment was just the community finding out and excommunicating them because their behavior was just too undeniably heinous. Or they would just come back so many times on alts doing other/the same stupid stuff to attain BoS status...I dont really recall any bans given to these individuals that felt like it was because "this person is a pred" rather than Badspot just being annoyed that he has to ban the same person another time for annoying the community.

Don't think this is true, Bisjac was from Minnesota and Badspot is on the east coast somewhere. Bisjac talked out of his ass a lot. IIRC Bisjac actually had a daughter- I remember he posted a picture of her at Mall of America.

What were the Bisjac accusations? I'm unfamiliar, curious to see

he would regularly posted as such:

i would forget the brains out of a 15yo girl i meet on the net. and i would brag to everyone about it.

kids are never "tricked" into doing things that parents dont want them to.
they want to do these things ;)

think he kinda toned it down a bit as time went on but joking or not, this was an adult saying these things to and around minors

yea yeah yo momma i forgot to remove would

he would regularly posted as such:

think he kinda toned it down a bit as time went on but joking or not, this was an adult saying these things to and around minors
Looking back at the BLF's history, it's absolutely insane what kind of stuff this community just glanced over and let slide back then

What was wrong with us?

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=135632.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=140207.0
-snip-
It must've completely fallen out of my conscious mind just how bad it actually was. I remember all of this. Jesus christ.

Looking back at the BLF's history, it's absolutely insane what kind of stuff this community just glanced over and let slide back then
I guess when you're a kid you don't give it much thought. I remember reading those mailbags without a second thought as to how immature and messed up they were. Now I feel pretty damn bad for saying this place wasn't too bad before.

its important to understand that 2010 internet's attitude towards child enthusiasm and rape was highly blasé. there was even a whole culture around child enthusiasts in media, like herbert the pervert in family guy, or creepbear the meme. since the metoo movement and various outings of mass child enthusiasm rings, its clear that the problem runs deeper than some wound you can just laugh off.

people to this day stuff like 'lol i own 13 underage mica miners and i pay them 10 cents a day' and expect applause or some sort of humor points. meanwhile an estimated 10 million children in pakistan are subject to inhumane working conditions for little pay all to fund and fuel the decadence that first world countries hold dear. i still fail to see how its a laughing matter but internet psychos be psychoing :shrug:

What was wrong with us?
It's honestly quite the case study.

That's another thing that reminds me which I believe was kind of touched on before by somebody else; it's so painfully obvious that a lot of us were just kids looking up to and trying to emulate the attitudes and behaviors displayed by Badspot/Ephialtes

And we are already aware of the situation with Ephialtes.........

I dont really recall any bans given to these individuals that felt like it was because "this person is a pred" rather than Badspot just being annoyed that he has to ban the same person another time for annoying the community.
I don't know how to quote posts that are old, but from this thread:

He didn't use the exact words you're using but it's close. As for all of the other people I couldn't find anything from Badspot saying they were banned for being a creep. Maybe try sending him an Email asking why? He replies to most emails if I recall correctly

i dunno. maybe. I guess the 'why?' is really all that's left.

like If I were in Badspot's position, logical 24y/o me is thinking "okay I should get to the bottom of this and do something about it if I have to" not even for legal obligations but because there is literally the overpowering thought in my mind of the fact that there is an easy access to children via my game and I have some power to MITIGATE it. (not completely prevent it which is important to note). Just seems like it took mountains to be moved for him to even bother, which I dont think is unfair or taboo for people to be upset by. Or to say that he should have had a more active role in these kinds of situations. But idk that's the thing, none of us were in his shoes. Badspot has had his own life experiences and circumstances that have molded his personality and behaviors, as we all have. for all we know he could just naturally be more apathetic to these things for whatever reason through no fault of his own.

I just think it's important for people to really acknowledge that these behaviors were not uncommon and pretty thoroughly ingrained into the community (tbh the internet) at the time. The apathy and inappropriate behavior displayed by moderation/adults was just eaten up and enabled by us kids because we just didn't know any better. Gave some very unfortunate but valuable life lessons to a lot of people growing up. It genuinely surprises me when I see some of the users coming out and saying they barely or never really experienced it.

What was wrong with us?
we were kids bro

like everyone here was 8-14 at that time except for the insane freaks like bisjac that would prey on everyone else

i dunno. maybe. I guess the 'why?' is really all that's left.

like If I were in Badspot's position, logical 24y/o me is thinking "okay I should get to the bottom of this and do something about it if I have to" not even for legal obligations but because there is literally the overpowering thought in my mind of the fact that there is an easy access to children via my game and I have some power to MITIGATE it. (not completely prevent it which is important to note). Just seems like it took mountains to be moved for him to even bother, which I dont think is unfair or taboo for people to be upset by. Or to say that he should have had a more active role in these kinds of situations. But idk that's the thing, none of us were in his shoes. Badspot has had his own life experiences and circumstances that have molded his personality and behaviors, as we all have. for all we know he could just naturally be more apathetic to these things for whatever reason through no fault of his own.

I just think it's important for people to really acknowledge that these behaviors were not uncommon and pretty thoroughly ingrained into the community (tbh the internet) at the time. The apathy and inappropriate behavior displayed by moderation/adults was just eaten up and enabled by us kids because we just didn't know any better. Gave some very unfortunate but valuable life lessons to a lot of people growing up. It genuinely surprises me when I see some of the users coming out and saying they barely or never really experienced it.
It's definitely gross and I agree with you, sadly this is one of the many consequences of internet anonymity.

This problem unfortunately is still perpetuating today in many other game communities- ironically Roblox being a prime example. Many, many dramas of adults grooming and trying to be loveual with underage children and teenagers in there. My nephew plays the hell out of Roblox so yeah, it makes my stomach churn.

I myself witnessed creepy stuff happening in some social game on Roblox that had voice chat enabled, guys my age chasing around girls who are teens trying to talk to them with obviously flirty intent. I had a girl who told me she was 14 ask for my Discord and I refused to give it and told her to only talk to people around her age group, adults and beyond trying to connect with you and talk on Discord whether they're a man or woman is weird. Tangent aside these communities in general could do a much better job policing this stuff.