Author Topic: What was Blockland?  (Read 7524 times)

Looking back, a lot of the drama on this forum was pretty pathetic. It never really took much for some crybaby to write an entire drama thread for not liking you because you're acting immature or some stuff. Cough cough, Lord Tony
7 years ago, when I was a handicapped 11 year old, I was glad to have been the center of one in which I managed to set off a stuff ton of dumb teenagers on a lego forum.
I am supermarioRX1029. https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290351.0 https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=260625 https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=287321.0

I could list off so many funny takes of mines, but I would fill up this entire thread doing so, so I implore you to look into it yourself. Just incredible, immaculate, words of intellect, really. I think about how Badspot had to wake up the next day to see that his community was arguing with this one random handicap posting this stupid stuff, lol. Reading some of the stuff I had said back then makes me cackle, and even more so when I think about how all of those people were taking an argument with an 11 year old so seriously. But honestly, this forum did teach me a bit of a lesson on how to not act like a complete loving idiot online as I was maturing. But looking at the forum now, all I've seen is people looking in retrospect on what this community used to be, or what it could have been. Everyone is grieving, sortof. This community, on the surface, was friendly if you were an innocent Blockland player just playing the game and getting along with people on the servers the players had to offer. But once you got too deep, once you started hanging around the likes of the people on this forum is when it got forgeted up. This place did expose me to some weird stuff before I had even hit puberty. I remember being a part of the Blockland Furries discord with my friend, for whatever reason, because I used to absolutely hate all things furry and research. I think I was in there just to speak with people from Blockland, and I remember regularly just stuffting on people like Prjizevire for being weird. It was long ago, so a lot of my memory regarding that time is quite vague, but as I was reading over this forum the other day, I saw mention of Pie Crust and his incident in which he posted a stuff ton of dog research to the server.

Don't click this if you have a weak stomach. The material is censored, but barely. https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=310229.0
I was the G A V I N guy. I forgot I was even there when that happened... like that memory was just so far in the back of my mind. I just remember thinking that he was handicapped and nasty and I probably just went on with my day after. Looking at Swollow's final message to badspot, and their use of phrase "handicapped and traumatized children", this place, looking back, really was forgeted up. Sometimes I wonder if Prjizevire knew what the hell he was doing erping with people in the single digits back in Blockland Furries. He was like 14 though, no offense to him should he happen to read this. Compared to other competitive titles such as Roblox, or Minecraft... Blockland was the game to be abandoned and never change as a result. Now one is a stuffty soulless corporate monopoly and the other is a stuffty grindfest with mediocre updates. No matter how you look at these games, they simply are not as fun anymore, just like Blockland. But technically, it never changed. We did.

Blockland right now is basically the exact same game that we would have so much fun on a decade ago. But at this point, I doubt anyone would really care if the there was a blue moon, and the loving stars aligned on Friday the 13th and V22 happened to release. We can't fight change, and we can't fight growing up no matter how hard we try. My little brother has started using my Wii lately, and sometimes when he leaves it on, the menu music and the interface will draw me in. I'll sit down, and I'll stare at the screen thinking about how a decade ago, there was time where I would play on this console night and day just beating people up in Brawl. And now my brother's sort of doing the same. It's like he inherited the Wii from me. It's a strange thought. Life will always go on, things will come, things will go. One day every single one of us who has posted on this forum will die and the world will keep spinning and we'll be being read about a century later. All of these things that we've enjoyed online have made an impact on humanity, and people will one day look at it just like how people look back on stuff like old mickey mouse cartoons.

Also, on the topic of Badspot, when I was young, I used to think badspot was cool and deserved respect until I grew up and realized he was a loving stupid ignorant research addicted incellious manchild. I don't really know if he was any better back then compared to now, but I imagine so. It needs no introduction, but his handicapped article where he throws a tantrum about how every woman in every videogame ever isn't a peak 11/10 big boobie super love goddess says plenty. Change didn't do that dumb bastard very well, and I think everyone on this forum has made that pretty clear. I wonder when he'll shut this forum down. Subpixel seems to be rotating boards, so he's probably making an archive right now. It is quite sad to see what this forum has become, but it's time to move on and continue on with our lives. It's nice to look back on what this place was, maybe not so good to regret what we should have done regarding certain bad actors, but it's all in the past now and we should focus on making the present and future better. Sorry for my meltdown half a decade ago.

Well, those are some of my ramblings. Farewell Blockland, that game where you built stuff!

Did you even read it
What response were you expecting, exactly?

I just remember thinking that he was handicapped and nasty and I probably just went on with my day after.
This is the correct reaction.
It was a forum full of dumb kids who posted gross stuff and insulted each other.
Before the Internet I'm sure kids threw rocks at each other and poked dead animals and laughed at dog snakees in real life or whatever, and they didn't grow up to 'reflect' on how those experiences 'traumatized' them.

The only reason it seems like so many people were impacted negatively by the BLF is because the most socially well-adjusted 95% of its users probably left to do cool real life stuff and rarely-if-ever looked back.
Also the reason the game/community lost popularity is just that it couldn't compete on a technical level with games like Roblox and Minecraft.

I don't really know if he was any better back then compared to now, but I imagine so. It needs no introduction, but his handicapped article where he throws a tantrum about how every woman in every videogame ever isn't a peak 11/10 big boobie super love goddess says plenty.
While Badspot may have made questionable decisions in the past, including 'has an opinion about video games' in the list of things worth criticism diminishes creditability.

i'm like 90% sure that most communities before and after the internet didn't have a local 20+ year old dogforgeter who harassed 11 year olds with bestiality research unsure though dren

What response were you expecting, exactly?
This is the correct reaction.
It was a forum full of dumb kids who posted gross stuff and insulted each other.
Before the Internet I'm sure kids threw rocks at each other and poked dead animals and laughed at dog snakees in real life or whatever, and they didn't grow up to 'reflect' on how those experiences 'traumatized' them.

The only reason it seems like so many people were impacted negatively by the BLF is because the most socially well-adjusted 95% of its users probably left to do cool real life stuff and rarely-if-ever looked back.
Also the reason the game/community lost popularity is just that it couldn't compete on a technical level with games like Roblox and Minecraft.
While Badspot may have made questionable decisions in the past, including 'has an opinion about video games' in the list of things worth criticism diminishes creditability.

Dang. My bad for putting down some of my own perspectives and ramblings/insight about this game and it's community, post-mortem.

i'm like 90% sure that most communities before and after the internet didn't have a local 20+ year old dogforgeter who harassed 11 year olds with bestiality research unsure though dren

Plenty of Internet communities have gross weirdos in them lol
Just ignore and block until he gets banned for something.
I posted here 1000s of times and don't think I ever interacted with him.

edit: Do you really not think that, say, Roblox doesn't have tons or predators and a history of covering up their failure to act in such cases?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:06:26 PM by DrenDran »

blockland isn't dead- there was a whopping 3 people playing soccer scrimmage yesterday. that's 3 more than 0 so take that

blockland isn't dead- there was a whopping 3 people playing soccer scrimmage yesterday. that's 3 more than 0 so take that

Dude DON'T look at the blockland servers right now.

Plenty of Internet communities have gross weirdos in them lol
Just ignore and block until he gets banned for something.
I posted here 1000s of times and don't think I ever interacted with him.

edit: Do you really not think that, say, Roblox doesn't have tons or predators and a history of covering up their failure to act in such cases?
what argument are you even making? pie crust wasn't banned from anywhere until long after he was known despite spamming me (11 and like freshly on discord) and my friends in queeba's discord with dog research and a thread being made about it. that's just bad. it doesn't matter what platform it's on, it's just straight up bad practice.

what argument are you even making? pie crust wasn't banned from anywhere until long after he was known despite spamming me (11 and like freshly on discord) and my friends in queeba's discord with dog research and a thread being made about it. that's just bad. it doesn't matter what platform it's on, it's just straight up bad practice.
Yeah Badspot probably should of banned him and like a dozen others over the years, sure.
Maybe he wishes he did, who knows.

Realistically they would have just made alts under different names that same day.
Or if the policy of banned people for off-site conduct was set, people would just photoshop discord/skype/teamspeak messages to get people they don't like banned.

The fact he made all his bans public, didn't cover anything up, and made a section for people to vent probably does put him far from the bottom when it comes to internet community managers.

There's already a thread on this
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=328113.0
In my head I was thinking that this is very similar to that super weird thread Frequency posted, but that fits as well. Either way, everyone here is aware that Blockland is either dead or very near dead, and we don't need a billion threads to remind us of something we already know.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 05:45:55 PM by bloody jumper »

Wait am I understanding this right: OP is butthurt about drama topics close to 10 years old and he's saying those people from back then should have touched grass? They get banned for being a piece of stuff then come back crying still not understanding why they got banned?

forget bro this is so much more pathetic if I'm not confused about something.

Wait am I understanding this right: OP is butthurt about drama topics close to 10 years old and he's saying those people from back then should have touched grass? They get banned for being a piece of stuff then come back crying still not understanding why they got banned?

forget bro this is so much more pathetic if I'm not confused about something.

Read the post dude. I made it very clear that I was rightfully banned for being a handicapped spastic little kid. I merely thought it was funny how serious they took it and how angry they got considering how much older they were than I.

Edit: That literally isn't even the point of the post either. I was pointing out what I did half a decade ago and I wanted to talk about my own perspective on Blockland since everyone is grieving right now.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:44:07 PM by GavinTheZavin »