Author Topic: What do ppl think about Runescape?  (Read 7381 times)

I havent heard much of Runescape on de forums...why not?  Its a good game!

No, it's not.

Try Mabinogi.

I'm tired of seeing all thes MMORPG games that are all so similar to each other....to name a few

1. Scions of Fate
2. Last Chaos
3. Knight Online
4. Rappelz
5. Tales of Pirates

I havent heard much of Runescape on de forums...why not?  Its a good game!
Fuck off, you little twat.

I havent heard much of Runescape on de forums...why not? Its a good game!
Fuck off, you little twat.

QFT

Meh, I loved it. Then it got old. Then Jagex forgeted it up.

Used to be a lot better. But, its alright. I play when I'm REALLY bored

Whenever someone asks me for a free MMORPG, I tell them Runescape. Mostly because I'm trolling for the sort of comments frodo and chexguy posted. Every once and a while I run into someone who actually likes the game and then I don't know what to say next.

It was ok. It got boring after a while. Picking chicken feathers off the ground keeps you entertained for only so long. I haven't played in a long time so I don't know what recent updated have done to it.

If you like picking jumbles of logs and feathers off the ground and swinging a pick axe at geometric abstractions in the otherwise flat landscape, coping with the atrocities against English it's users commit in such abundance, and fighting with a very basic combat system, you can't beat the price. I've found much more entertaining things for free though.

Runescape -  Gayscape. The game is down right HORRIBLE.

Runescape is okay, but it's too boring, too repetitive, and the community sucks.

Like Wedge said, picking chicken feathers off the ground isn't always gonna be fun. The funny part of being able to attack a unicorn fades away pretty quickly.

The combat is "click, wait for them to die." In Mabinogi, you're always watching to see what skill you can use to hurt them most. In Runescape, you go eat a cookie. Not fun or interactive enough. The same goes for everything else: mining, woodcutting, you name it; click, forget.

The community is FAR worse than BL's. Here, we get the occasional idiot (whoever happens to be most hated, usually), but that's nothing. In runescape, you can't walk 2 meters without running into some 40 year old man saying "omg im a gurl wana be mi bf", or finding some 5 year old that can't use a keyboard properly. The maturity level is just far too low for the game to be fun.

TL;DL: Boring and idiotic community.

Whenever someone asks me for a free MMORPG, I tell them Runescape. Mostly because I'm trolling for the sort of comments frodo and chexguy posted. Every once and a while I run into someone who actually likes the game and then I don't know what to say next.

It was ok. It got boring after a while. Picking chicken feathers off the ground keeps you entertained for only so long. I haven't played in a long time so I don't know what recent updated have done to it.

If you like picking jumbles of logs and feathers off the ground and swinging a pick axe at geometric abstractions in the otherwise flat landscape, coping with the atrocities against English it's users commit in such abundance, and fighting with a very basic combat system, you can't beat the price. I've found much more entertaining things for free though.
To elaborate a little more on my comment, I've come to associate Runescape with its largely immature prepubescent playerbase. I did play for over a year, hell, I even paid. I got bored of it when I realized I was doing the exact same things every time I logged in, and was growing very annoyed with all the handicapped players. I couldn't even read the majority of what people were saying. Then, my friends became TOO obsessed with it, which stopped them from hanging out many a time. That was when I really started to hate it. I determined it wasn't worth the money anymore, lest I become as addicted as my friends, and I quit. Now almost every Runescape player I come across is an annoying little twat, so I guess I'm stereotyping. I don't think I was too far off with this one, though.

No. Runescape is not "okay". It just downright sucks ass, period.

Why? Oh...So many reasons.
1. The crappiest community you can get.
Can't get worse than this. It's TERRIBLE, full of stupid lowlifes whose age ranges from 8 to 42. The females always go jumping at everyone "BE MY BF OMGOMGOMG", and the males are gay. Not the retroloveual kind of way, the REALLY gay gay, as in they actually have love with each other.

2. HORRIBLE graphics.
Wow. This game was made...like...what...2001? God's sake, there were BETTER graphics.

3. Repetitive gaming.
This isn't repetitive to the level of the Halo series or any of the 100 different Zelda games, it's repetitive like "Retrieve my axe from the bandits because I'm too weak to get it", which translates to "Take back my damn axe from the wolves because I'm too forgetin' lazy to get up and do it myself when strangers can do it for me just to get to the next level." Every quest feels the same. You're better off without quests and just running around and doing nothing that relates to the story.

4. Horrible music.
I know this is a midevil(sp?) game, but come on. Every music I hear sounds like it's some carnival or something, when I'm standing in a creepy cave guarded by some scarystuff dragon. Plus, it's like monotone. This isn't a cell phone, it's a GAME.

There you have it.

tl;dr: RUNESCAPE SUCKS.

Well, Runescape measures up pretty well against other MMO's.

I mean, you have your typical arbitrary goals like gaining higher levels and items.

You have a dedicated fanbase/playerbase.

As a rule of thumb, MMO's are all grindfests where one's value is measured in GP and exp points. A surrogate life so to speak. Not worth your time. Much better games to play.

Oh, btw...to those who criticize because "its cool to hate runescape" ...stfu.

For those who dislike it because of graphics, show me another browser based MMO of equal success and scale.

Some might consider the community of blockland to be full of "prepubescent twats" and a verifiable haven for trolls, spammers, noobs and hell-fire flaming. Does this mean Blockland is a bad game? no.

The reason why we don't talk about runescape is because we all had a mutual agreement and taboo'd it.

Reactor, look at instant action, their browser graphics are impressive, wile runescapes is bottom of the line.