Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV Gameplay  (Read 3468 times)

Nifty.
Bet the gameplay will suck and be repetitive just like any GTA game :D

It's impossible for a GTA game to offer different gameplay than the previous GTA games.
There is nothing else to do but random minigames or chores, kill people or drive people to places.

Every game is repetitive, except for stuff like sandbox games...

True, but when certain games have a story line that's well thought out and consistent, and every series in the games don't repeat themselves, people really get interested because of the story line.
Example: MGS

Also, certain games can offer different activities in new environments, which is also fun. Games such as Mario Galaxy and Super Monkey Ball.

GTA has none of that. All of the games in the series are different, hardly any relevence to the others and they are all the same crap over and over again.

Metal Gear Solid is an amazing game, yes. It depends on your view of GTA, I suggest you just try it out. If IGN hasn't given a 10/10 in about 10 years, it's going to be a great game.

The first link is down, due to copyrights haha.

True, but when certain games have a story line that's well thought out and consistent, and every series in the games don't repeat themselves, people really get interested because of the story line.

Also, certain games can offer different activities in new environments, which is also fun. Games such as Mario Galaxy and Super Monkey Ball.

GTA has none of that. All of the games in the series are different, hardly any relevence to the others and they are all the same crap over and over again.

Stop trying to diss like one of the best games to come out, you're just like one of those Nintendo cigarettes who are like "THE WII IS THE BEST CONSOLE YOU N00B!" yet I don't one to play Children's games, yes it has some adults games but I really don't want to spend my time breaking every thing around me trying to swing a bat.

Guys, multiplayer, with PEDESTRIANS!

Holy ice cream holy ice cream holy ice cream holy ice cream holy ice cream

Time to visit wal mart

Stop trying to diss like one of the best games to come out, you're just like one of those Nintendo cigarettes who are like "THE WII IS THE BEST CONSOLE YOU N00B!" yet I don't one to play Children's games, yes it has some adults games but I really don't want to spend my time breaking every thing around me trying to swing a bat.

That's completely different.
I'm also not a fanboy of anything, although I truly despise the Xbox/Xbox 360.
Both PS3 and Wii are decent gaming systems. You know what, forget the systems. GTA, alone, no matter what system it's for, is the most boring and repetitive game out there. The rating from IGN was probably based on the large amounts of upgrades Rockstar did to this game, the fact that the gameplay remains the same boring crap doesn't change.
All you're going to be doing is driving people to a certain place, killing someone, chasing someone, or simple stuff like races and such. I don't see the fun in it after an hour or two of playing.
Look at all of the past GTA games, and yes I mean ALL of them. They are all the exact same, gameplay wise, as to GTA IV. Nothing has changed but the engine, physics and graphics, including maps and perhaps some new weapons/vehicles.
------------------------------------------------------
Now, time to be the fanboy you really want me to be.
Looking at it improvement wise, the Xbox 360 and PS3 added slight features, although with the capabilities of the Wii's motion sensing controllers, new game designs and concepts can be made. Developers are challenged to take that extra step and try to think of a game that will be interesting to play on a Wii, rather than porting the same game to all the consoles.
Xbox 360 and PS3 are almost alike, only thing I enjoy about the PS3 are the game titles such as MGS and KH, those games that will not come for the Xbox.

/rant

- one more thing, it's not the best game to come out, it's more like a used tie that somebody finally washed.

i loved gta 1 and 2.
i had a special place in my heart for this series. then all these newage gamer noobs got on the bandwagon years later with 3

:( i was hurt. like..... i was loving gta when you all thought it was lame. just pretty graphics is all it takes to reel in the punks. the game didn't change at all from 2d to 3d

hell 2 had gang relation levels of your choice, remote control bomb toys, mounted weapons and traps of your choice
3 didn't (VC and SA started to)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:43:32 PM by Bisjac »

All you're going to be doing is driving people to a certain place, killing someone, chasing someone, or simple stuff like races and such.
Give me any game title and I can summarize it into a just as shallow statement.

wow questing:

kill X amount of XXX:   reward of exp
or
talk to XXX, talk to XXX, talk to XXX:   reward of exp

recycle recycle recycle...

All you're going to be doing is driving people to a certain place, killing someone, chasing someone, or simple stuff like races and such.
Actually, you can customize your looks, play bowling, date girls, play pool, race, and overall commit Flash Mob without receiving the death penalty. Online play is free-roaming, with up to 16 players to play with.

I think it's going to be a great game, you just need to play it for more than 2 hours to get to the good stuff.