Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 236808 times)

There is 11 million players... a few won't prove anything. How can a game be more addictive then others? I suppose a really good and in-depth game can be. WoW isn't THAT good, though. The only thing I can see people being addicted to it is the PvP, which isn't all that impressive, and the idea of having really good gear. These two things are in every MMO, though. WoW has nothing unique to make it more addictive then other games.
True, but it all depends on opinion. Because WoW isn't addictive to you doesn't mean it's addictive to others also.

I think that you're pointing out my bias. And you're right, few won't prove anything.

If you're addicted to a game, it's only because it's fun, and you want to play more of it.

It's the same reason you go play another round of CS:S, or TF2. It's the same reason you level so much in Runescape. It's the same reason you play Blockland and read this forum every day.

It's fun.

The people who aren't addicted to it don't find it as fun. That's fine. It's not that a game is bad because it's not fun in one person's opinion, or even many peoples' opinions.

True, but it all depends on opinion. Because WoW isn't addictive to you doesn't mean it's addictive to others also.

I think that you're pointing out my bias. And you're right, few won't prove anything.
Exactly my point. Not everyone is addicted to it and people can be just as addicted to any other game. So again, why would you say WoW is more addictive? Not trying to argue, I'm just curious as to why you think it's more addictive than other games.

WoW isn't really addicting unless you're obsessed with leveling or raids.

Exactly my point. Not everyone is addicted to it and people can be just as addicted to any other game. So again, why would you say WoW is more addictive? Not trying to argue, I'm just curious as to why you think it's more addictive than other games.
Raids do intrigue me.

i don't play for the lamest reason there is. because everyone plays it.
:iceCream:

If it isn't addictive why are you arguing points on it's supposed addiction? Will people die if one person creates an opinion on something completely subjective?

YEAH

Wat
Hey, stop posting. "Icecream" is meant to be used in place of "stuff".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:26:45 PM by Ronin »

He never said it wasn't addictive.

He never said it wasn't addictive.
He's addicted!

Get the pills!

Don't go Miga on me. D:

Don't go Miga on me. D:
What he calls you a WoW cigarette then discusses his new Laptop?

Nah, he just calls me an addict.

What he calls you a WoW cigarette then discusses his new Laptop?
lol