Author Topic: DF: Succession Fort Mirrortires!  (Read 13320 times)

Could you post a pic? I want to see the lava moat.

Here

Update, a merchant went insane for some reason, he is off in the corner of the map
I get his stuff :D
I may make it through the winter, since I dont have a farm OR any drinks right now :(

Update, a merchant went insane for some reason, he is off in the corner of the map
I get his stuff :D
I may make it through the winter, since I dont have a farm OR any drinks right now :(
Butcher the animals!

The dwarves must survive!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:23:03 PM by Muffinmix »

Oh I have food, its just the whole "loving POOL KEEPS EVAPORATING UNDERGROUND" thing is pissing me off.

Oh I have food, its just the whole "loving POOL KEEPS EVAPORATING UNDERGROUND" thing is pissing me off.

There's a brook in the area right? Can you safely make a water trench into your fort from it?

I know this isn't the DF thread, you guys just make it sound so fun and when I play it it isn't. :(

I know this isn't the DF thread, you guys just make it sound so fun and when I play it it isn't. :(
At first I couldn't understand where all the fun was.

If you spend a few days learning the game, it's the most addicting thing I've ever played.

This guide helped me tremendously when I got back into the game: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Indecisive%27s_illustrated_fortress_mode_tutorial

Also don't worry, this game has a huge learning curve to it but once you understand the basics you'll be making epic fortresses in no time.

Hey, at the end of your turn, if you consolidated all your journal entries/pictures/maps/etc into posts you made throughout your turn into one post it would make it a lot easier to follow along. I'd really appreciate it, and if you ever decided to publish the story somewhere, it would make it a lot easier to put the story together.

I'm reading botmurdered, this makes for epic story telling o_o

Hey, at the end of your turn, if you consolidated all your journal entries/pictures/maps/etc into posts you made throughout your turn into one post it would make it a lot easier to follow along. I'd really appreciate it, and if you ever decided to publish the story somewhere, it would make it a lot easier to put the story together.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

That's a pretty damn good idea. If Sheezy doesn't do it then I'll make a single megapost quoting all his posts either way. It will be easier to link from the OP as well.

I'm reading botmurdered, this makes for epic story telling o_o
Yeah Boatmurdered was what got me into dwarf fortress many years ago. They didn't have multiple z axis planes back then, or terrain smoothing. I miss the rivers of lava though :'(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:31:01 PM by Muffinmix »

Haha, DF needs magma flows back, because those are realistic because there will be "lava rivers" near some volcanos (Say, hawaii?)

Haha, DF needs magma flows back, because those are realistic because there will be "lava rivers" near some volcanos (Say, hawaii?)

Bringing Lava flows back would unlock so many awesome things, like self-filling death reservoirs and oh man...

But let's get back on topic, how's the fort holding up so far?