Can't choose between 360 & PS3

Author Topic: Can't choose between 360 & PS3  (Read 3259 times)

I can't choose between 360 and PS3, so I want y'all to give me 20 pros and 10 cons of whichever you think I should go with.
Please don't bring fanboyism in this topic. Even though I'm guaranteed it will come.
:D

Here's my list of pros/cons of each.

360-
Pros:
More fun games
More people have it

Cons:
RRoD
$100 wireless adapter
Monthly fee for live/subscription cards
Unmoddable without being banned
Unhackable without being banned
Unable to 'backup' games
HD-DVD

PS3-
Pros:
Cheaper in the long run
Built-in wireless
4/5 of the games I want for 360 are on PS3 or coming to it
Moddable
Hackable
'backup'-able
Free online
More powerful processor
Blu ray
No hardware failure
Little. Big. Planet.

Cons:
Nobody has it
Less [good] games

The only reason I really dislike and don't want ps3 is the fact that nobody I know has it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:26:36 PM by Jsk2003 »

lolwat
xbox all the way,

new software update is coming for the 360

bunch of new features like being able to backup games and play them from the hard drive

just so im not stabbed ingame, ps3 has some pretty original titles coming to it

It's not backing up moron.
It's just installing to hard drive.
You still need the disc in the drive though.

Get a PS3, you can get huge hard drives, you can put in laptop hard drives. :3  If you like Burnout, there's more features in the updates, like custom soundtrack, and more.  I know 3/4's will say Xbox, but PS3 has pretty much the same features, and some more.  Just get one.

Get a PS3, you can get huge hard drives, you can put in laptop hard drives. :3  If you like Burnout, there's more features in the updates, like custom soundtrack, and more.  I know 3/4's will say Xbox, but PS3 has pretty much the same features, and some more.  Just get one.

Does downloadable content cost more/less than 360?

get a wii

I don't recall ever saying Wii as one of the choices.

I completely agree with everything you said, JSK.  That has always been my opinion on the two consoles and I'm glad someone else thinks the same way instead of...
lolwat
xbox all the way,

I can tell you what would sell: If they put everything the 360 has that PS3 doesn't, into a new device and made better games for it.

But I know that will NEVER happen, although if they did the companies would be rich.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:31:46 PM by VerticalHorizon »

I don't like PS3 simply because its overrated, has not that many -good- games and way too expensive. My 360, plus a game and controller was under $350. Almost $360, lol.

I just noticed how this looks like a, "PS3 is better than 360" topic. List 100 cons and 2 pros for the 360, and then vice versa for the PS3, I think that you (Jsk) need to worry about being a fanboy more than the people posting.
If you know these cons and pros so well why can't you choose? Why isn't it so obvious just by looking at your list of pros/cons what system to get? Ah yes, because this is a PS3 supporting topic.

I completely agree with everything you said, JSK.  That has always been my opinion on the two consoles and I'm glad someone else thinks the same way instead of...
lolwat
xbox all the way,
<3

I can tell you what would sell: If they put everything the 360 has that PS3 doesn't, into a new device and made better games for it.

But I know that will NEVER happen, although if they did the companies would be rich.
PS360.  xD

Yes that would sell. But never happen because the two companies would have to share and who would be the boss. It would be crazy.

I don't like PS3 simply because its overrated, has not that many -good- games and way too expensive. My 360, plus a game and controller was under $350. Almost $360, lol.
Why do you think it doesn't have any good games?
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&platform=1028&sort=score&page_type=games&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all&sortdir=asc
Everything on this page, I kind of want.

I just noticed how this looks like a, "PS3 is better than 360" topic. List 100 cons and 2 pros for the 360, and then vice versa for the PS3, I think that you (Jsk) need to worry about being a fanboy more than the people posting.
If you know these cons and pros so well why can't you choose? Why isn't it so obvious just by looking at your list of pros/cons what system to get? Ah yes, because this is a PS3 supporting topic.
The reason is because even though 360 only has 2 pros. It has the BEST pros.
Ps3, I know of no one that has it. But for 360, I know lots of people.

Wii a choice or not, GET IT! D:

I can't choose between 360 and PS3

That doesn't include the word wii douchebags.

Learn to read at a 2nd grade level. You should know how to be able to tell if the word is even in that post.

From now on, I shall be ignoring all posts that suggest getting a Wii.