GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 506848 times)

Ooh! Have sloped terrain blocks that are at a 22.5 degree angle, one that's at a 45 degree angle, and a 67.5 degree angle, or ones that are at a 25 degree angle, 50 degree angle and 75  degree angle :D

I helped make a video for his GSF paradise :cookieMonster:

Good times

Badspot can manage a pinetree without a visible bounding box, how come your tree has a visible bounding box?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:43:11 PM by Lørd Tøny »

There is a stuffload of lines, I personally do not like having lines all over my screen.

They're not .blbs Tony. The 'brick' is that bounding box and the .dts shape is inside it for now until some good .blb tools are released.

them terrain bricks will be needing different texture versions, Like sand, dirt, and such.

Update: I'm planning on releasing two packs of modular terrain: one that is more realistic (like regular terrain with real or pixelated textures, consists of static shapes in hidden bricks, and is affected by fog) and a pack that is more Blockland-esque (that consists of .blbs, can be painted, performs better under the brick system and has brick studs for textures). This way both camps will be happy.

Learn to make blbs, it's quite simple.
That's what I'm working on now; I'm just having some problems understanding normals (i.e. for ramps where trigonometry would be involved) and collision.

Hey, GSF! Its me! Mr.MacFluffyBunz!
Remember you said you might be making new maps?
Today is the day.
Hey, and I don't know about new maps lol, I mostly just want to update some of the current maps to be v21-proof.

Badspot can manage a pinetree without a visible bounding box, how come your tree has a visible bounding box?
Right now my tree is just a static shape within a hidden brick - it's just a place holder for now and may change.

I personally do not like having lines all over my screen.
That's just because I equipped the wrench. I might also release some terrain bricks as .blbs so you wouldn't have all those lines.

them terrain bricks will be needing different texture versions, Like sand, dirt, and such.
I'm planning on making terrain units with different textures, so I'll probably include some with grass, sand, dirt, roads and snow.

mk
can you send me pm so i can betatest
or is your server up

mk
can you send me pm so i can betatest
or is your server up
Hey Fluffybunz!  Hey GSF!
Wow, who knew that an update would have brought GSF Back...

Those terrain bricks look great all except:  They should be solid color and paint-able to allow more surface types.

Those terrain bricks look great all except:  They should be solid color and paint-able to allow more surface types.
I'm planning on releasing two packs of modular terrain: one that is more realistic (like regular terrain with real or pixelated textures, consists of static shapes in hidden bricks, and is affected by fog) and a pack that is more Blockland-esque (that consists of .blbs, can be painted, performs better under the brick system and has brick studs for textures). This way both camps will be happy. I'm planning on making terrain units with different textures, so I'll probably include some with grass, sand, dirt, roads and snow.

Why a solid color? That would be ugly and remind us all of the old days of interiors. Also, there's plenty of surface types and he plans to make the brick styled ones paintable.

Ok ok ok

But what about the size of the bricks?

Will they be the size of 4x cubes, 8x cubes?

How will they be stacked and fitted?

Welcome back Ghost. Love the maps and can't wait to see where these terrain bricks turn out :)

Oh and I hope you had a great Ash Wednesday too since I know you are a Christian!