GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 506965 times)

Welcome back Ghost

OT: would you be able to make some terrain bricks that aren't so steep? It looks like a jeep would bounce around a lot on those bricks.

That's just because I equipped the wrench. I might also release some terrain bricks as .blbs so you wouldn't have all those lines.

You don't have much of a choice in this issue.

This topic has been moved to Fail Bin.

Reason: DTS is for dynamic objects only.  It is too slow to serve as a replacement for bricks.

stuff
Anyway, since I can't really do any DTS Brick Object things
Ill be working on a terrain generator that works on Perlin Noise (using Zack0Wack0's Perlin Noise Library Thing)

Anyway, since I can't really do any DTS Brick Object things
Ill be working on a terrain generator that works on Perlin Noise (using Zack0Wack0's Perlin Noise Library Thing)
This is terrain though that only uses 1-2 faces per brick. :/
I'll work on it just encase, but I was able to get .blbs to work, so I can focus on them now. Do you know a script to change a bricks texture after it's been planted? That would really help me move forward with this.

You don't have much of a choice in this issue.

Yeah, I'll focus on the .blb format then. But, this is terrain, not really "building" bricks; hopefully Badspot would make an exception?

Welcome back Ghost. Love the maps and can't wait to see where these terrain bricks turn out :)

Oh and I hope you had a great Ash Wednesday too since I know you are a Christian!

Ok ok ok

But what about the size of the bricks?

Will they be the size of 4x cubes, 8x cubes?

How will they be stacked and fitted?
Well for the .blb bricks, I'll probably have 64, 32, 16, and 8 Cubes (same size as the baseplate cubes). Also, you stack them just like the baseplate cubes.

Well for the .blb bricks, I'll probably have 64, 32, 16, and 8 Cubes (same size as the baseplate cubes). Also, you stack them just like the baseplate cubes.
Oh good!

Are those brown buildings regular builds or single blocks?

the generator is basically done.
Just adding a few touches to it.

They're not .blbs Tony. The 'brick' is that bounding box and the .dts shape is inside it for now until some good .blb tools are released.
It won't happen, this has been asked for even before I joined in 2007.

The terrain models look awful, you shouldn't have given them a unique style that doesn't make the game look like another bland Minecraft ripoff, bumps, whatever.

you forgot 4x cubes.
I forgot them on purpose lol. After I finish the other cubes, I'll see if 4x Cubes are really practical.

It won't happen, this has been asked for even before I joined in 2007.

The terrain models look awful, you shouldn't have given them a unique style that doesn't make the game look like another bland Minecraft ripoff, bumps, whatever.
The trees or the actual terrain? The trees I just made real quick as placeholders and are temporary. The terrain itself will be reduced to simplistic faces, which should fit the Blockland theme. Also, supposedly Kompressor will be releasing dev. tools with the update.

Are those brown buildings regular builds or single blocks?
Those are regular builds; making those with the BLB Editor I have now would take forever. :/ When the dev. tools come out, hopefully then I can make more complex buildings and terrain pieces.

Well, I can tell that the next couple of weeks are sure going to be interesting.

gsf came rushing back because of v21? or he just came back
Nasoa? Mega Bear? GSF? Teuvon? Ostinyo? are any of you going to model with set pieces?

GSF and Nasoa are, Ostinyo and I aren't. I don't know about Tuevon.

gsf came rushing back because of v21? or he just came back
Nasoa? Mega Bear? GSF? Teuvon? Ostinyo? are any of you going to model with set pieces?
It depends if Badspot would allow it. He moved an Add-On that used .dts static shapes as bricks to the fail bin, but I don't know if he would do the same thing for maps. :/

It depends if Badspot would allow it. He moved an Add-On that used .dts static shapes as bricks to the fail bin, but I don't know if he would do the same thing for maps. :/
He would.