The Gas prices...

Author Topic: The Gas prices...  (Read 13237 times)

But the thing is it is cheap.

So.. well.. yeah.
Cheap compared to your prices. I'm sure your prices are twice as high as they used to be several years back?

Here gas prices are 1.8-2.2$ per litre.

Rex

Well, I don't really care about rising gas prices being as my family does not own a car. I think that at some point in the near future, if gas keeps rising in price, alternate fuels will become more economical. If they do, global warming might just end before we forget up the only place where life exists that we know of.

My state has the higher gas prices than anywhere in America, except Hawaii and Alaska. The lowest I've seen this year was around $3.80, its usually around $4.20, and the highest was $8.80

My state has the higher gas prices than anywhere in America, except Hawaii and Alaska. The lowest I've seen this year was around $3.80, its usually around $4.20, and the highest was $8.80
I doubt that :o

Agreed. A report on the telly stated that the highest price to date found in the US was $5.40 around a small town just north of LA, CA.

To the Canadians:

Like 70% of your population lives in three areas. Toronto, Québec, and Vancouver.

Do you guys have a pretty solid pubic transportation system?

To the Canadians:

Like 95% of your population lives in three areas. Toronto, Québec, and Vancouver.

Do you guys have a pretty solid pubic transportation system?
Having been to Toronto a few times, their transportation system is okay...unless you actually plan on having a night job or enjoying a night life. Otherwise, it's rather costly for taxi.

It's still like $4 something up here in Michigan where I live.

P.S. My family is from the Texas-Oklahoma area, so Texas FTW!

Canada taxes its gas, so QQ to your Prime Minister.

What exactly does Canade want?

Average price per Liter of Petrol in UK : 1.10 British Pounds

1.10 x 1.709 exchange rate = $1.88 USD

1 Liter = .26 gallon (about 1/4 a gallon)

$1.88 x 4 = $7.52 per gallon of Petrol/Gas/whatever else you call it.

It's been at exorbitant prices such as that for a long time. At the very least it hasn't been below $5 a gallon for decades in the UK. A significant portion of that price comes from the 17% VAT (Value Added Tax) that the British government applies on everything sold in the country (including items sold online).

So who can you blame?

OPEC for price gouging?
Oil companies for not investing in more advanced, flexible drilling tech?
The government for failing to secure needed resources?
Car manufacturers not investing in alternate energy solutions sooner?
You (or your parents) for choosing to buy and operate a combustion-powered vehicle?
Humanity for it's greed and shortsightedness?

It was an unreliable source, but believable to me. It just means a gas station decided to gouge.

Agreed. A report on the telly stated that the highest price to date found in the US was $5.40 around a small town just north of LA, CA.
yay reports on tellys. Highest gas is my state, look it up (Georgia).