Poll

Would you want maxis to redo Spore for a more "sciency version"?

Yes, there is no question that they should.
25 (67.6%)
No, Spore is perfect how it is.
4 (10.8%)
They should do an expansion pack or something that makes it a little like the demo'd spore, but not entirely.
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Why Spore sucks  (Read 5707 times)

Ah yes, I remember now that changing the ecosystem of a planet was much more fun and realistic than it is now.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
yet another reason those forgeters suck forget, they have no idea how to run a god damned online game, much less a successful division of their corporation.
Cry more, that's life, did Sony not make Halo?  Boo hoo.

I want mah money back. I played it for 2 days then grew tired of it.

Chris Hecker is a moron and deserves to go die in a fire for assuming that everyone in the market was a complete moron and wouldn't see past his shallow attempt to string together a collection of stripped-down minigames.

Every aspect of it was a failure...

The difficulty curve, the overall complexity, the aesthetics, the replay value.

:(      This is what happens when big name developers get their hands of creative ideas.

:(      This is what happens when big name developers get their hands of creative ideas.
Yeah, they stuff all over them.

Chris Hecker is a moron and deserves to go die in a fire for assuming that everyone in the market was a complete moron and wouldn't see past his shallow attempt to string together a collection of stripped-down minigames.

Agree. Agree to the max.

Chris Hecker?!

That is the forgeter who made the game seem 95% less of what it was in E3 when first announced!?

That. loving. Bitch.

Yep. :(

forget you EA, your game loving sucks. Thanks for wasting 3 years of my excitement.

Looks like he shat on everyone.

forget you EA, your game loving sucks. Thanks for wasting 3 years of my excitement.
Lol did you even read the thread? or at least the first post? The person to be pissed off at here is Chris, not EA.

Well, it's not all Chris, but he is the main one who started the "cute" team.

Well, it's not all Chris, but he is the main one who started the "cute" team.
If there was no Chris Heckler, Spore would be like it was previewed.

Oh, this is just hilarious!

It's funny how I've heard people going on about how Spore is being lead by Will Wright, so the game will undisputedly be awsome. Because apparently Wright is the only person in the industry who can put all of his ideas into a triple A title, drive a monster as big as Electronic Arts and set a game's release date to 'when it's done'.

And now I hear that someone else has been taking over authority from Wright and making lead decisions about the game in his place.

Everyone in this thread is probably thinking that what just happened with Spore is absurd. But I'm so used to hearing about absurd things happening in the video game industry that to me something like this is almost to be expected.

The video game industry: Never ceasing at becoming ever stufftier or absurd.

People losing faith in what was quite possibly the most unbeatable figure? Yep; sounds just like another day at the office.

People losing faith in what was quite possibly the most unbeatable figure?
Coincedence with Faith in Mirror's Edge and this?  I guess she was named for a reason, making people have a little more faith in EA?

Grab your torches and pitch forks we're going to kill Chris Hecker!