Author Topic: CityRP v2  (Read 21689 times)

Ok this argument is getting pointless I think this topic should be locked and left to die.

yup, well, it started out with good intentions but now...

well, people don't really like CityRP to begin with so by announcing that you are rewriting it, signs you up for flame.

well, people don't really like CityRP to begin with so by announcing that you are rewriting it, signs you up for flame.
You would have complained anyway.

You would have complained anyway.
He is complaining...Anyways, CityRP v2 is never happening, so stop saying your making it.

It was stuff then, and just adding jobs will still make it stuff.

The stupidest part is the way the admin bricks(bank, police, and RE) are handled. They should be called through the talk() or whatever it is function. It's easier then some funny way to make a brick go deeper and deeper into a menu(such as RE has multiple things you need to enter).

Jookia is already making a second CityRP with ages, license, AND if your under 9 I think you cant drive
People gotta shut their mouthsblockheads about this

=/ I wouldn't waste my time, the flare of city rps ran out for me after a little while. Don't waste your time doing this, make something else.

I loved running mine. But then, I found myself abusing(wait, i don't remember anymore), and it became a problem to host so I stopped.

Right off the bat sorry its so long.

I'm thinking of remake the whole CityRP so it will be easier to modify and add new stuffs to it later. Also, there might be a better help file for those that really wants to edit anything in it. Further on, I will figure out a way for those that NOT want to play it on dedicated internet server. That means, LAN, Singleplayer, non-dedicated servers.
Please do not remind me of that playing a RP in a Singleplayer is useless...

Please discuss, and come with suggestions!
McTwist i think this is a VARY good ideal!!!! If you can do it.Then Do it.

City RP is, at its core, horrible.

But it isn't the coding that is horrible

The gameplay is horrible. This is where your logic is flawed: rewriting everything isn't going to make much of a difference.

Anyways good luck rewriting all of Jookia's hard work.

His work may have been hard but as far as i can see only but a few people appreciate it. But as you said the core is horrible. So maybe McTwist or someone he knows can fix it. The worst he can do it forget it up more. but then it wont be released. I would help him if needed. I and Most of my friends know Scripting.

Okay, first off:
Permission.
You'll need permission from Jookia and/or Boltster, which I know you won't get.
If the code is changed enough permission is not needed.

Have you actually seen anyone say "yeah this a great idea, sounds awesome!!"

I say its the best ideal yet you people havent show any in this whole Thread.

Who doesn't? Of course I can script! Every programming language are the same, with some minor difference.

Again McTwist might not know Script but im sure he knows someone that has learned.

And don't think you can pick up one easily. It was hard for me, and I am usually extremely good at learning stuff.

Scripting is hard but it can be learned vary quickly. just because you had a hard time understanding it dont mean the rest of the world will to. And if the script is allready there all need to be done is fix it. Grab a book learn somthing new. There is tons of books about Scripting.

Now if you'll excuse me, this is my stop. I'm getting off the short bus.
There is nothing wrong with the short bus. It picks up my school every day.

CityRP died long ago, why are you trying to imbue it's thoroughly rotted corpse with life?
If Cityrp died a long time ago. Those servers that say so an so's Rp must be research servers or barbie house making. Wheres ken. Ill get the car barbie. NO!!!! there still vary much alive even know some of the admins are starfishs or complete handicaps and let the server go to hell.

Protip: 99.99% of all users on Blockland who have a brain and common sense hate CityRP for its terrible gameplay.
I have all 3 A brain, common sense, and Blockland....... so i must hate City Rps *sigh* sorry McTwist According to this dumb ass i hate city RPs... Please Don't Speak...At all.

He's like a small child, just let him run around for a bit and he'll tire himself out and go to sleep ... forever.
If your Small child goes sleep....forever then you killed it. On the norm a child will go to sleep and then when rested will wake back up and start again. Have fun  MCTwist. And dont trust your kids near this guy.

Good god...
Can't you people go whine about something that actually matters.
I mean come on all he's trying to do is to make a mod.
It's not like he's forcing you to play it.
so if you dont have anything constructe to say then dont say it.

I personally don't like CityRP mod's but I don't think it's our place to judge what he's doing without actually having seen what he's done with it.

To all of you whiners I say: GTFO.

I Agree. Stop Bitching you sound like my mother when shes PMSing.

I loved running mine. But then, I found myself abusing(wait, i don't remember anymore), and it became a problem to host so I stopped.
This is why Rps suck too. The Admins get bored and forget things up. They need to just go and have fun and not a stupid. The host also is to blame... he Picks the admins that suck. the host should keep and eye on the admins like little ALIVE children. The fact that the host and adims. stop the upkeep and start piss others off cause there bored makes the server Blow. The one good server ive have been to is Wentworths server<I hope I spelled it right> his admins are fine the server is up kept. he comes and cleans up the spam. it hardly ever lags. It is a vary well off server.

I just wont to say McTwist i hope you make this city Rp and all the people BITCHING starts playing it and you can say well i told you so.

Please The Names NPCKiller Dont mess the spelling up when you start your Bitching.
Ill be here all week PLEASE!!! tip you server.   
Off subject:
If you see my wife please patch the hole in her Nipple. Oh an blow her back and send her to me. Thank you Have a cookie  :cookie:

NPCKiller

Have one more cookie for the road.  :cookie:

Jookia supposedly already has a cityRP V2 anyway, so make something original.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jookia supposedly already has a cityRP V2 anyway, so make something original.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
He's making it, and I'm happy that he's doing it. Although, he told me that he have put the mod away for a while. I don't know when he'll continue with it, but I sure hope that it will be soon.

Iban also tried to upgrade the mod, with failure.

They aren't working on it anymore.

I think they've moved on to out-of-blockland work.

They aren't working on it anymore.

I think they've moved on to out-of-blockland work.
wrong,wrong.

Make something fun. Seriously.