Author Topic: Garry's Mod Gallery  (Read 1299848 times)

"Picture is good"

"quick, find flaws."
not really. the posing is awkward, the gun clips, the pose is generic and pretty bland, the effect also clips. at the same time navaro is the only one posting even semi-decent content in this thread. as a matter of fact he's the only one posting content here at all.

navaro i'd suggest you take a step up and start posting your stuff at Facepunch as well so you can start progressing your post processing because you could really use some honed skills

My HDD recently crashed and my new one doesn't have half the space I need for all my models and stuff. When I get a new HDD i'll get my gmod back in working condition.

not really. the posing is awkward, the gun clips, the pose is generic and pretty bland, the effect also clips. at the same time navaro is the only one posting even semi-decent content in this thread. as a matter of fact he's the only one posting content here at all.

navaro i'd suggest you take a step up and start posting your stuff at Facepunch as well so you can start progressing your post processing because you could really use some honed skills

My HDD recently crashed and my new one doesn't have half the space I need for all my models and stuff. When I get a new HDD i'll get my gmod back in working condition.
The only real reason your poses look the way they do is because you photoshop effects onto them. And Facepunch isn't really going to help.

Plus when your did make pictures without photoshop effects they'd look very bland.

eg.

I'm pretty sure you don't have room to be telling me to get honed skills.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:59:56 PM by Navaro »

That's way old stuff. Like, that was beginner stuff. Even so, it doesn't take a chef to know good food. I pointed out a few obvious flaws.

The problem here is: You're a cunt. I'm actually complimenting you, I'm saying that it looks good but since you're posting on blockland your skills are stagnated and you're not actually going to get to your full potential. Yeah, you're decent, I know you think you're good because you're so arrogant about it. The problem is you have no better work to compare to. So what do you do? You dig up my old work and insult it. Real mature. Learn to take criticism.

And yeah, your picture was awkwardly posed, it was clipped, it was generic and bland. Telling some to 'hone their skills' is saying that someone is skilled but they have the potential to be better. Don't be such a sensitive starfish.

Didn't turn out too good because I got lazy after like
20 seconds.
Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Also Navaro, those pictures are awesome, keep up the good work.
The only thing that makes it weird is that the soldier has a pistol.

Scout's forever alone. He has no beard and everyone else does.

GMod Recreated Tornado Intercept Vehicle:

Claws are fully functional, and etc.
i use this to get inside tornadoes in the gmod storm chasers gamemode
its a pretty fun gamemode
Real TIV:

-snip-
Didn't turn out too good because I got lazy after like
20 seconds.
Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Also Navaro, those pictures are awesome, keep up the good work.
Sorry I'm a little late, but where did you get that colt pistol model?

the effect also clips.
The effect is somewhat supposed to clip. The muzzle flare would not only come out of the front of the barrel, but the flash hider / muzzle brake as well. It could be moved toward the camera as to not clip as much, but it isn't that big of a deal.
Who the forget cares if your GMOD is broken?
You're a cunt. I'm actually complimenting you
Wat.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:46:21 PM by Badspot »

Just some Half-Life inspired pics using Larry's Ultimate Weapons Pack.

looks good but it needs a combine helicopter flying over

I'm not really seeing the Half Life inspiration and out of all the guns i seen go by as i worked on getting that pack onto the Workshop, i don't recall seeing a gun like that, not saying you're lying, i just probably overlooked, or forgot about it if anything, so wanting get my facts straight, is that really from Larry's pack?

looks good but it needs a combine helicopter flying over
If i may beg to differ, both pictures have too wide of a FOV, you can see so much empty space around the guy and not what it's actually focusing on, yes the guy should be in the shot, but not the empty space around him

Like, maybe so that only from his waist up shows up in the first picture, second picture shows too much of the empty room behind him and too much of the wall next to him

Also, i'd like to mention that i know not everyone is a serious poser trying to make these awesome and good quality pictures and instead likes to make quick and/or silly pictures (example), that's fine and all, but when i see pictures like yours  that try to look good, but has some flaws here and there, i can't help but want to offer suggestions on how the picture can be improved

So i apologize if my suggestions sound like i'm just completely hating on your pictures or that any pictures taken in Gmod absolutely have to be good super awesome Facepunch quality pictures

I didn't really bother to try that much, I just had the idea.

is that really from Larry's pack?
Yes, it is in the first Rifles one. I think it was called an AK something, and it was like the 6th weapon in the pack, or something early in it.
So i apologize if my suggestions sound like i'm just completely hating on your pictures or that any pictures taken in Gmod absolutely have to be good super awesome Facepunch quality pictures
I don't think like you are hating, I actually like the criticism. It can help me get better at posing and then my pictures will be more fleshed out and nice. And also, yes, I made this because I wanted to hear criticism on my work. I just made it fast and because I wanted to make a pose with Larry's UWP for a long time, so yeah.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:27:18 PM by MegaZilla911 »

I didn't really bother to try that much, I just had the idea.
whered you get the bomb models