The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772652 times)

Figured this is a pretty good place to ask for some advice. Having a bit of a creative block and can’t think of any interesting new project. Typically do a lot of ArchViz and hard-surface realism modeling (items, vehicles) but i keep getting bored with every project i start like an hour in.

Any ideas/advice/new ways to model? :)

(blender btw)

maybe try out a piece of tech you're not used to using, like bumpmapping or normal mapping or procedural textures/mesh generation? trees?

maybe try out a piece of tech you're not used to using, like bumpmapping or normal mapping or procedural textures/mesh generation?
I've already dabbled in more advanced texturing and procedural generation; and getting into stuff like substance painter would seem like just expanding on what I've been doing so far, however...

trees?
You might be on to something in terms of creating assets.. Just work on all the different kinds of stock models and textures that I have always wanted to just have on hand – maybe inspiration will follow. Any ideas as to the modeling style/type of items would be welcome as well.

Also cool instruments :)

Doublepost but

pt. 2
That's a really cool model, I really like old-school doom vibe.

I'm just assuming you would like some feedback (and I apologize if you don't), but making the topology flow a bit better along the length of the blade could help avoid some shading artifacts. The severity of the issue (or lack there of) would depend on the engine though.

Doublepost but
That's a really cool model, I really like old-school doom vibe.

I'm just assuming you would like some feedback (and I apologize if you don't), but making the topology flow a bit better along the length of the blade could help avoid some shading artifacts. The severity of the issue (or lack there of) would depend on the engine though.
hi thank you for critizing me this is always welcome and dont take what im about to say serious but
never comment on my topology ever again you are feeding the voices in my brain who tell me its never good enough

but for real tho on the prev. page my toplogy is visible and its good!!

some render shots + stretchy sword for much animation fun

old-school doom vibe
please help me understand what does doom have to do with evangelion

he doesnt know what evangelion is, probably. if you're curious, dannu, its a really famous anime that presents existential crises alongside mecha robot action.

different render settings to save time but here is the first shot lol

im rlly creatively restricted other than the characters im using but ya still tryna make something cool
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:36:43 PM by Unimproved »

holy stuff ur back

looks phenomenal, those curves are slick af

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:08:17 PM by Unimproved »

MALDITO9mm : view in 3D

Hell yeah bruther

now *thats* a really high quality default reskin