Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854050 times)

With all the Star Wars hype, thought i'd join in.

Still a WIP but feel free to address anything you feel is off in this model so far.

yooo homies

so i made a model from a photogrammetry shoot i did, and it came out like this - i haven't used blender in loving years, and i have no idea how to close these holes up. any suggestions? i'd manually delete and fill all the faces, but some of the vertices are buried really weirdly deep in there because the mesh was auto-generated from a point cloud - it'd take days

any help would be appreciated! thx guys

yooo homies
personally any time i work with photogrammetry and need to do model touch ups i use meshlab. its great for small touch ups like this but im sure theres a way to do it in blender. meshlabs just my personal choice for that kind of modelling

With all the Star Wars hype, thought i'd join in.
eeee this is really goddamn good

that shoots a projectile.

the only way i could do this is have the item spawn relays of explosions that cast lights. it would look really wonky though
iirc there's actually a few light parameters for item images

if not, upon equipping you could probably force the player light on, change it to a red color with no flare/particle and set a check that prevents players from toggling their light if the lightsaber is equipped. not sure b/c i haven't coded with torquescript in forever, and it may be kind of a hassle but hey it's an option

personally any time i work with photogrammetry and need to do model touch ups i use meshlab. its great for small touch ups like this but im sure theres a way to do it in blender. meshlabs just my personal choice for that kind of modelling
god bless america
now to see if i can install it on stanford's computers without admin permission I Love To Have Fun

iirc there's actually a few light parameters for item images
only the holder can see the light though

trog, try making it better by adding an emitter if you can
to make it actually seem like its glowing

(Click to ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAOR AORAORAORAORAORAORA)

(I recently adjusted the golden studs so they seem less weird, ignore those)

should have it appear at the left, punch once, disappear and appear on the right, punch once, and then punch from the top, and repeat
like how players cycle through vehicle seats

that or have other positions
cause my first thought when i saw this was a headhumper or something.

Still a WIP but feel free to address anything you feel is off in this model so far.

The front bit doesn't look like it goes far down enough.

Also, it doesn't have the Darth Vadery swoop at the back (at least as far as I can tell)

The front bit doesn't look like it goes far down enough.

Also, it doesn't have the Darth Vadery swoop at the back (at least as far as I can tell)
Thx for the front bit. The swoop hasn't been started on.

EDIT: Updated. I'm gonna have to redo the back portion. It looks ew to me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:08:22 PM by JJJMan4 »

All of the front part needs to be narrowed at the bottom