Author Topic: HALP: Computer booting up, restarting, and Monitor=no signal  (Read 4209 times)

I don't know what the problem is.
Yesterday I was on it and listening to music, then the next day(this morning) I tried starting it up.
It would turn on for a few seconds, shut off, then turn back on by itself.
Also the monitor would get no signal from it.

I just bought this pc (all custom parts, I still have the boxes in my room) a little after Christmas.
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 (2.66ghz, though I overclocked it to 2.8ghz with no problems, and I stopped overclocking after it gave some CPU error a few days ago)
XFX PVT96OSDFH GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB 192-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Rosewill RP500 500W ATX12V v1.3/ EPS12V Power Supply - Retail
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

If you need any more information tell me please.

Try another monitor/ cable?

Try using integrated (if available) or reseating graphics card

my first thought is that your power wasn't enough.
and it looks like your using a 500w power supply, and a video card that in non-sli mode, requires a minimum of 500w

assuming its clocked down and not using all of 500w, because clearly you have been using it;
where does the rest of your comp get power from?

i would start by buying a 800w

average memory and mobo use about 50w each, processors can use anywhere from 50-150, drives and fans dont use enough to matter.
and a single internal hard drive can run a good 100-200 depends on its speed
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:00:28 PM by Bisjac »

It depends, if you had internet connected before this happened, there are many possibilites.

A)Your computer has become corrupt from a bad download.
B)You recieved the "Conficker" virus during usage the day before.

If it wasn't either of those..
A)Your computer has alot of dust inside, and must be cleaned out for further use.
B)The power supply was shot.
C)Your computer has vital damage, and needs to be repaired.

If none of these comply, please PM me for further instructions.

The power supply does come on, but I guess it's not big enough even though it's been working for the past three months?

Also I just noticed how I can't turn on my microphone(which I can always when it's on, so it shows that something is wrong with usb port or it's not giving off power to it)

So how can I go about to making my monitor/motherboard use integrated card instead of gpu?

Plus I heard that rosewill is crappy psu manufacturer. So I guess I can go and look around to buy a power supply?

take out graphics card.

Should autodetect

nicer motherboards dont have integrated. this one dont.

if you have any crappy pci video cards sitting around, try putting one in (and taking the big one out) and trying
although without drivers, or wrong ones from other card it still may not work. just a good way to test of it was a power issue

Should autodetect
yah thats what you hope for

even if visual dont come on from wrong drivers, the comp should still be starting up. just stare at a blank screen and know your power wasnt enough before lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:09:15 PM by Bisjac »

or he could try unplugging any accessories(lan card, cd drive, extra HDs) and see if it can boot.

The power supply does come on, but I guess it's not big enough even though it's been working for the past three months?

Also I just noticed how I can't turn on my microphone(which I can always when it's on, so it shows that something is wrong with usb port or it's not giving off power to it)

So how can I go about to making my monitor/motherboard use integrated card instead of gpu?

Plus I heard that rosewill is crappy psu manufacturer. So I guess I can go and look around to buy a power supply?

The thing is, some power supplies that are shot can start up a computer, but then shut down and keep trying to start up. It's happened to me before.
I just bought a new supply, but there's probably another way around it. Call the manufacturer and ask them about it.

nicer motherboards dont have integrated. this one dont.

if you have any crappy pci video cards sitting around, try putting one in (and taking the big one out) and trying
although without drivers, or wrong ones from other card it still may not work. just a good way to test of it was a power issue
yah thats what you hope for

even if visual dont come on from wrong drivers, the comp should still be starting up. just stare at a blank screen and know your power wasnt enough before lol

Yeah I do have some old crappy pci cards, but I've given them to my mom's computer and brother's computer as they have bad computers.
Also why would my power not be enough before if I've been using it for three months with not one problem?

I'm probably going to be gone for a long time as my computer is out and I'm posting on my Dad's computer. he will be home soon.

I guess I'll just finish up some homework and then read a book.

500W fr the video card is recommended. but prob not ever used unless you overclock or something.
you could have just been close enough to run the whole comp.

why it went over now who knows. maybe processes on your comp are running the pcu and hardrive harder then before.
dust can be making fans run harder.
random bad luck?

500W fr the video card is recommended. but prob not ever used unless you overclock or something.
you could have just been close enough to run the whole comp.

why it went over now who knows. maybe processes on your comp are running the pcu and hardrive harder then before.
dust can be making fans run harder.
random bad luck?

So I guess I could clean the dust out of the computer, as it could've just now built up overtime to become an issue? I'll do that once I go and ask my dad where the compressed air thing is.

Rosewill sucks.

Yes, but I got it for like $15 because it was a combo with a case.