Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144148 times)

I had the same problem on the segway but eventually what I did is I made 4 wheel mount points, but made the front 2 invisible. So the ones that you don't see are the ones that steer it and you just see the back ones.
You could try and do that for yours, although I'm not sure what you can do to only have 1 visible wheel. Maybe you could have hub0-3 around the vehicle to keep balance and to steer, and set their wheel to be empty.dts and then just put hub4 in the middle where you need it.It's cause you assigned the textures improperly. Don't use the materials buttons, just use UV editor, and your textures have to be a square of 8x8,16x16,32x32,64x64 etc.

How do I set 2 different wheels for one vehicle? I dont know how.

Also, that gun looks uber loving smexy with the reflections. Just sayin.

Just make hub0,hub1, etc. And in the script change numwheels = to whatever.

Ohhhh

So If I just have the wheel mounts there but leave the numwheels at one, it will act like there are still wheels there?

EDIT: Just tried in-game, my one wheel spawned at hub0 rather than hub2, where I want it. How do I set which wheels spawn where?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:01:23 PM by takato14 »

Ohhhh

So If I just have the wheel mounts there but leave the numwheels at one, it will act like there are still wheels there?

EDIT: Just tried in-game, my one wheel spawned at hub0 rather than hub2, where I want it. How do I set which wheels spawn where?
this http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=71691.0

the number in (0, scootertire); would be the hub. (so hub0)

this http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=71691.0

the number in (0, scootertire); would be the hub. (so hub0)
I think I get it. If I cant figure it out, Ill come back.

EDIT: Thanks btw.

DOUBLE EDIT: By parenting an object to a new empty (parented to shape of course) named LosCol and exporting, will that mesh be invisible? Or are there already a pair of invisible wheels in blockland by default?

I just think it would be easier to make an invisible copy of the same wheel instead of trying to position another one that is a different size.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:28:42 PM by takato14 »

Asdf.

alright, i cant get this myself....

I have 3 wheel mounts in total. hub0, hub1, and hub2. hub0 and hub1 are to the sides of the model, and hub2 is in the center. hub 2 is the one that I want to mount my visible wheel to. I have numwheels set to 1, the wheel datablock for the vehicle is set to the visible one, and I have this code at the bottom of my script:

Code: [Select]
function Gyrocyclevehicle::onAdd(%this,%obj)
{
%obj.setWheelTire(2, gyrocycletire);

%obj.setWheelSpring(2, gyrocycleSpring);

%obj.setWheelSteering(2,0);

%obj.setWheelPowered(2,true);
}
The wheel is still mounting only at hub0. what am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:53:37 PM by takato14 »

Don't make hub2 steer or do anything, just have it in the middle as an extra wheel. Mount Emptytire to 0 and 1, and mount your wheel to 2. Emptytire is already a datablock in BL so you don't need to make it, just put it in.

It's cause you assigned the textures improperly. Don't use the materials buttons, just use UV editor, and your textures have to be a square of 8x8,16x16,32x32,64x64 etc.

I did't use any textures. It just came up like that.
Also, I need to shrink and rotate the model. How do I do that?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:09:04 PM by Dominator »

Don't make hub2 steer or do anything, just have it in the middle as an extra wheel. Mount Emptytire to 0 and 1, and mount your wheel to 2. Emptytire is already a datablock in BL so you don't need to make it, just put it in.
Problem... I have the wheel for my vehicle set to emptytire. I have this function at the bottom of the page:
Code: [Select]
function Gyrocyclevehicle::onAdd(%this,%obj)
{
//mount the main tire to the center joint

%obj.setWheelTire(2, gyrocycletire);
%obj.setWheelSpring(2, gyrocycleSpring);

//mount two invisible tires to joints on the left and right for
//stability

%obj.setWheelTire(0, emptytire);
%obj.setWheelTire(1, emptytire);

//make those invisible tires turn

%obj.setWheelSteering(0,1);
%obj.setWheelSteering(1,1);
%obj.setWheelPowered(2,true);
}
I have numwheels set to three, and the vehicle STILL spawns with my tire on the left instead of the center. Hub2 is the center joint, and hub0/hub1 are out to the sides. What in the hell is going on?

CORRECTION: My wheel is now mounting on the right side (hub1) after this change. Last time it mounted on the left (hub0).

EDIT: Alright, get this. I just swapped out the names of the bones. I swapped the names of hub1 and hub2. The wheel is in the exact same spot as before. I am at a loss as to what is wrong. :/

DOUBLE EDIT: I changed emptytire to jeeptire and added the springs, an I now see whats wrong... my wheel is mounting to the same joint as the other wheels. In other words, one joint has two different wheels on it. >_>
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:55:16 PM by takato14 »

I did't use any textures. It just came up like that.
Also, I need to shrink and rotate the model. How do I do that?
Well it came up like that because you didn't use any textures. And to shrink and rotate the mode go into edit mode and do S to scale it down, and then just rotate it so that if you press 1, it's facing away from you. Either that or go to the export scale and make the number smaller.

Well it came up like that because you didn't use any textures. And to shrink and rotate the mode go into edit mode and do S to scale it down, and then just rotate it so that if you press 1, it's facing away from you. Either that or go to the export scale and make the number smaller.

Thanks I'll try that but I just found out that it needs to be leveled out flat too - it's at an angle as you can see in the pictures. But then it might look cool at an angle. I'll see what it looks like when I fix up the main problems.

I might make a version with the reflections for small number of people who would like that sort of thing.

I've shrunk the model and rotated it and in-game the model looks pretty good though slightly smaller than I expected, but if I make it too big, the handle won't fit the hand and mess up cam view I enlarged it slightly but just enough so it fits the hand and doesn't mess up the view. So it's pretty decent. I just need to find out how to texture it with a blank grey colour.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:00:03 AM by Dominator »

Just select everything in edit mode, open the UV image editor and open the texture. Then just put that texture into the same zip.

Hm, I have a very interesting issue with animations....

This is what I did in blender, just a simple fire animation.

This is how it showed up in game:

Wtf?

Hm, I have a very interesting issue with animations....

This is what I did in blender, just a simple fire animation.

This is how it showed up in game:

Wtf?
:P
You are not supposed to have the bone rotated on it's side or it will animate like that

I am not sure if I followed the animation part right, but they don't work, they simple don't work. I name the animation "Reload", I used the bone to anymate and so, however, in-game, there's no animation. I used one of the L4D Weapon Pack scripts to do it.

I believe it's from the senquencing part, but I don't understand it very much, the window does not look like this and I don't know how am I supposed to do it.