Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 143421 times)

Might be a problem with your collision box not named or parented right. Although if it's a weapon you don't need a collision box. I googled and found some dts exporter here, maybe it'll work. http://www.jsgreenawalt.com/Blender-DTS-Exporter/download.html
That's the exporter I'm using. I'm making a weapon, and there's no collision box.
Model name: cube
Holding point armature: mountPoint (also named in bone mode)
Firing point: muzzlePoint (also named in bone mode)
All three are parented to the Empty detail32
detail32 is parented to shape

I've made models before that worked, and those have been the names and parent trees I used

EDIT:Solved. I switched to 32-bit Blender, worked perfectly. Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:24:22 AM by Narkro555 »

Everytime I click the link to the exporter it leads into a blank page. I tried with 2 different browsers but sme results.

Help appreciated.

Fixed, I downloaded off Google.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:28:38 AM by LeetZero »

Ok, I gotta ask, what does it mean to parent?

Ok, I gotta ask, what does it mean to parent?

To make one object obey everything that happens to the parent object. So if you parent several objects to one object then whatever happens to that parent object the same will happen to the rest of the objects, such as rotation, movement etc.

Ok, how do I do this in ms3d?

Idk, this isn't an MS3D topic is it.

Guess not.

Ok. How would I do this with Blender?

It says in the topic, select two objects and hit ctrl P

Just letting people know that the reason you might not have a scripts folder in your .blender folder is because you need to download the blender installer and run it. If you just download the zip version it won't have it. Found this out not too long ago.

I just made a test weapon. I animated it, named it, opened the exporter, and went to the Sequences tab. No animations there.

What am I doing wrong? I use Blender 2.49.
I've also tried redownloading the Exporter, but clicking the download link takes to a blank page.

Never mind.

the download is not working for me. :(

Try doing one for JVS,milkshape is not free like 3DBlender.

My goodness! Why can't Blender just export the animations the way I set them?!? AHHHHHHH

Mk, sorry for that little rage, but yeah, I need help. When I try to export the animations, the "talk" animation gets set to the feet and it also gets set to the main body. Feet nor the main body should talk. Whenever I export, Blender is all like, "Hey, lets mess with him and SCREW HIS MODEL UP". Whenever I export, animations get jumbled around! One animation gets set for all the bones

nvm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:21:41 AM by Reinforcements »

Always had that problem with blender and ai's.

Always had that problem with blender and ai's.
Saying "always had", you wouldn't have happened to have solved it would you? :D