Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 143889 times)

If you need help installing ANYTHING, you probably wont be able to make add-ons anyways. :/
True dat
 :cookieMonster:

Well I've looked everywhere. Every single place tells me to put the exporter into .blender --> scripts but the .blender doesn't even exist in my folder. How the hell am I supposed to put it into something that doesn't exist? I'm 99% sure that making the folder won't do anything, because it's supposed to already be there. Are there any alternate names?

I can't get the trans working like your santa mech,can you give me a .blend file of how to set it up?

Well I've looked everywhere. Every single place tells me to put the exporter into .blender --> scripts but the .blender doesn't even exist in my folder. How the hell am I supposed to put it into something that doesn't exist? I'm 99% sure that making the folder won't do anything, because it's supposed to already be there. Are there any alternate names?
well try making it anyways, or reinstall it. I don't know what else to do.

I can't get the trans working like your santa mech,can you give me a .blend file of how to set it up?
in the materials tab of your exporter choose your texture and enable translucency, and additive. Make your texture black for best results.

oh wow, i just found a much faster way to fix lighting problems. Instead of resetting the scale in object mode and moving it back in edit mode, or making a cube and then joining your mesh with the cube, just select your object and press Ctrl A, then apply scale and rotation. I dunno if anybody else knew but I'm just posting this.

DarkStar this is probally my last post you will ever see on any forums,anyways thanks for the help and for being a good help for my modeling experience and being a good friend.
            Sincerely,Shocked
                      Now logging off forever.

DarkStar this is probally my last post you will ever see on any forums,anyways thanks for the help and for being a good help for my modeling experience and being a good friend.
            Sincerely,Shocked
                      Now logging off forever.
inb4ban

When you see it.. you'll stuff brix

oh wow, i just found a much faster way to fix lighting problems. Instead of resetting the scale in object mode and moving it back in edit mode, or making a cube and then joining your mesh with the cube, just select your object and press Ctrl A, then apply scale and rotation. I dunno if anybody else knew but I'm just posting this.

:o

I shall try that.

if you want to rename your animation click the box that says Action, and type whatever you want.
Uh i see a action box and when i click it it has no effect at all, Advice?

*Edit* i figured it out, its inside the movement editer not the export popup just saying might want to mention that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:56:04 PM by Block_cop »

Wow useful im going to try to get my addon ingame if i do ill post some pictures

EDIT:

err when i try to export it, it says: Python Script Error: Check Console

what do
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:04:30 PM by Nethog »

I've got a bit of a problem with the exporter. I have the textures set right, the armatures set and named right, the empties named correctly, parenting is exactly how you said... But the game still crashes when I use the model. I think it's a problem with Blender 64bit and my exporter made for the 32 bit version (?). Your link doesn't work, as well as all the ones on the blender website.

Got any ideas?

Hooray! I figured out what caused my problems with colourshifting. All I need to do is to simply separate parts that I don't want to be affected by colourshifting!

I've got a bit of a problem with the exporter. I have the textures set right, the armatures set and named right, the empties named correctly, parenting is exactly how you said... But the game still crashes when I use the model. I think it's a problem with Blender 64bit and my exporter made for the 32 bit version (?). Your link doesn't work, as well as all the ones on the blender website.

Got any ideas?

Might be a problem with your collision box not named or parented right. Although if it's a weapon you don't need a collision box. I googled and found some dts exporter here, maybe it'll work. http://www.jsgreenawalt.com/Blender-DTS-Exporter/download.html