Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5756858 times)

Some mods are actually very fun, and vanilla eventually wears out. Remember, Minecraft is part sandbox building game, slowly turning into an RPG-ish game. Mods like Millenaire add more elements to the game in the form of villages you can help expand. Mods like Mo' Creatures adds more creatures to fight/hunt/do whatever with. Mods like Buildcraft extend the building element of the game, it's all in the name of fun. Mods also tend to improve much, much faster than the actual game.

Notch will probably make villagers useful in similar ways to that mod, since he usually reuses mod ideas to make official content. All these mods are like RTB is to Blockland to you, I suppose.

So any idea or guess when we are getting 1.9?

Before 11-11-11

18 is today. It ends in 1 hour 27 minutes in Notch's timezone.
Unlikely.

18 is today. It ends in 1 hour 27 minutes in Notch's timezone.
Unlikely.

"11-11-11"

so

11-18-11

GameChap said that Notch said stuff which concludes he will be making full Beta 1.9 actually the full release game. Although they didn't cite themselves, so don't take either of us on this.

never.

No seriously, they're gonna keep doing pre-releases up until launch, with launch being the first actual auto-download update

if you want new stuff, you're gonna have to keep up with the pre-releases

Gay.
No seriously why.
Just release it now and release a stuff-fixing update later.
I want a stable 1.9 :c

love my water shader, too bad it doesn't want me to take screenies

also WHAT THE forget
whenever i find a good place to settle, theres always a huge loving absence of dirt in some huge area that just turns me the forget off.
seriously, they are just giant exposed areas of stone and coal.

they need to add ships to the full release

also WHAT THE forget
whenever i find a good place to settle, theres always a huge loving absence of dirt in some huge area that just turns me the forget off.
seriously, they are just giant exposed areas of stone and coal.
That's a good thing in my book, turn it into a realistic looking quarry.