Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5941282 times)

Just read that article on Notch leaving and the company being bought. Couple things I find odd about this.

1.'Notchgoesfullhipster.avi' I can understand wanting to make other games but he honestly admits to hating the massive fanbase mojang has and chose to instead use it to asist his other games chose the easy way out and resigned and cut it's ties by selling it to Microsoft.

2.'Mo money = Mo development' Odds are they will not accept new employees and will do what Chucklefish and Valve did. Take the money and promise new content/updates/new releases. These are examples of course other companies have improved but it seems like the later is less common.

I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy.
King of 6571 get
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:22:56 PM by Romulus of the sky »

the entire purpose of doing it would be to extend its life cycle
They would lose money doing it, not very many people will buy it afterwards because they already own the game.

They would lose money doing it, not very many people will buy it afterwards because they already own the game.
new people will buy it.... and they'd lose more money by not doing anything

Prepare for Minecraft Gold to play multiplayer

You know, it would be kinda cool if they rewrote the entire code into something more stable. I dont know much about code, but i do know that java isnt the greatest.
The sooner they get onto it, the better.
Java is not even that great for mod development. If they want to make a mod API, they should consider switching to a language like C or C++, especially since those work a lot better across OS types.

It's not easy to just rewrite a game like Minecraft, not by a longshot. They would have to halt development progress for a good bit of time to recreate everything we have now.

It's not easy to just rewrite a game like Minecraft, not by a longshot. They would have to halt development progress for a good bit of time to recreate everything we have now.
Exactly why I think it would have been better if they changed the code early on in development.

(c# is the ghetto brother of c++ and essentially microsofts version of java)

what the forget are you on about, c# was influenced by c++ but they're different languages. c# and java have similar syntax but java is slow as forget. jesus forget

Just read that article on Notch leaving and the company being bought. Couple things I find odd about this.

1.'Notchgoesfullhipster.avi' I can understand wanting to make other games but he honestly admits to hating the massive fanbase mojang has and chose to instead use it to asist his other games chose the easy way out and resigned and cut it's ties by selling it to Microsoft.

2.'Mo money = Mo development' Odds are they will not accept new employees and will do what Chucklefish and Valve did. Take the money and promise new content/updates/new releases. These are examples of course other companies have improved but it seems like the later is less common.

I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy.
King of 6571 get
Point 1:
He stopped developing Minecraft quite some time ago, leaving Minecraft fully to others in the company.
But people didn't stop nagging him for everything that happened with Minecraft.
On top of that, everything he did got scoped out by game journalists, all of sudden every burp and fart was news apparently and he got sick of that as well.
Cut the guy some slack, i can understand that that gives quite some stress, pressure and overall an uncomfortable feeling.
I am not white knighting Notch or anything, i just sympathize him.
Point 2:
They do not state anywhere actually that this deal will improve development.
Hell, they aren't even sure about development for other projects (Scrolls) anymore.
What’s happening to the other Mojang projects, like Scrolls?
We don’t know yet. We’ll share any news as soon as we do.

what the forget are you on about, c# was influenced by c++ but they're different languages. c# and java have similar syntax but java is slow as forget. jesus forget
I don't see how what you said doesn't line up with what he said

-____________________________________________-

Money has nothing to do with Notch's game development. We all know what happened with that space game. He just got lazy and quit, regardless of the money he had when he started his project

Notch isnt even at coding. Minecraft was so badly coded that the most recent update was fixing bad codes from the game's creation

$2.99 just to change your skin? No thanks.

(joke)

No one cares about scrolls or Cobalt so im just going to consider those two games dead.

Space game? We have starmade.