Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851210 times)

I use a 52" TV as my monitor.

Please tell me your joking

I use a 52" TV as my monitor.
Doesn't matter if it has a low resolution.

Oh ya? Well my monitor gets twenty-five miles to the gallon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqKM-iK4ug

SethBling's 12w32a Portal video. He made working Portal type portals in Minecraft using the new Command Block in the snapsht, with a special proximity detector thanks to mob spawners. It's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:10:03 PM by MegaScientifical »

It's a 1080p HDTV flatscreen my parents didn't need at work anymore, so I begged and pleaded and then I got it for my own use. At least it didn't go to waste.

It's a 1080p HDTV flatscreen my parents didn't need at work anymore, so I begged and pleaded and then I got it for my own use. At least it didn't go to waste.
>52" tv as monitor
>computer has 2GB RAM

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/mojo-jojo-contest/
It's good, but you should make the eyes more reddish. I can't stand it not being perfectly accurate.

Doesn't matter if it has a low resolution.
you really think a 52" is gonna have bad resolution?

you really think a 52" is gonna have bad resolution?
my iphone has better resolution than my wall mounted television. Smaller screens can/have to have higher resolution than larger ones because they don't cost as much as larger screens due to size and they are held closer to your face. A wall mount with loving retina display is about as useful as super mario bros in HD.

I got banned by ¥ola for killing him when he stole my computer

10/10 server great host

VECHS

YOU ARE A SICK MANIACAL forget

P.S. IT'S GOT REGEN

P.P.S. IT KICKED MY ASS

my iphone has better resolution than my wall mounted television. Smaller screens can/have to have higher resolution than larger ones because they don't cost as much as larger screens due to size and they are held closer to your face. A wall mount with loving retina display is about as useful as super mario bros in HD.

no.
smaller screens have to have higher PIXEL DENSITY. not higher resolution. some have higher resolution - but they don't have to. they only need higher pixel density or things would be hard to read and such.

>diggy diggy
>find diamonds
>eventually make an infinite diamond-creating machine with paulcall on tekkit
>I step outside the newly created machine-hut
>5 creepers
>mfw

and then it explodeded and paul had to fix it for me :C

His TV has a 1080p resolution. However, stretched out on a 52" surface means lower pixel density, meaning less pixels per inch. His 52" TV probably has around 40 to 45 PPI (Pixels Per Inch). Up close, it will look "blurry" or obscured due to the low pixel density.
Your iPhone has a resolution of 640×960, but, has 326 PPI. Obviously, such a large pixel density on a smaller screen will look better up close than a lower pixel density TV screen. But that doesn't mean you have a better resolution, it just means those two screens have different uses.

-snip-

VECHS

YOU ARE A SICK MANIACAL forget

P.S. IT'S GOT REGEN

P.P.S. IT KICKED MY ASS
Whats the texturepack?

Whats the texturepack?

VanillaHD (x64 I think?)

Speaking of that incident, I'm doing quite well after two hard resets (one from the UberCreeper blowing everything into lava and another from a group of normal Creepers that just plain blew everything up, I didn't feel like beating my way through a mob of mobs) (The map is Vechs' new Super Hostile 14: Waking Up for those unaware)

The one thing that amuses me most is that the enchanted Paper given to you at the very beginning of the map is as good as a Iron Sword, followed by the fact that I've only got 1 Wool and I'm level 29

My house is in the middle of a room made entirely out of Silverfish blocks and I'm pretty much living off Zombie Flesh right now but I'm headed towards some place that sounds like it contains a source of food, it's pretty damn fun so far and I've collected two chapters of the rather interesting book that goes along with it

Edit: Also; you'll notice in the screenshot I have a Blaze Egg, it came from a chest that I believe was labelled "Blaze in a Box" (I saw the damn thing 3 times and was too stupid to actually fully read the sign before busting it open) and was paired with a Fire Resist potion, anyone got any idea what that's about? I'd say it's to get a Blaze Rod for a Potion Stand or something but IIRC Blazes don't always drop a Rod
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:13:34 AM by Regulith »