Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851115 times)

forestry removed the code that breaks technic, installing mystcraft yourself would probably make the glitches worse
quick question, how hard were you dropped?

How would it make the glitches work? direwof20 got mystcraft working 100% without a problem with forestry/buildcraft/industrialcraft/thaumcraft, so how the forget do you expect mystcraft to forget everything up when there have been records of mystcraft working flawlessly?

The startup time is the sole reason I stopped bothering with Tekkit. It takes like a minute and a half.
lolwut. it takes like 4 seconds for me

Of course it would. I'm guessing one of the reasons that they don't already is because it would be extremely expensive to have 326 pixels per inch on a large monitor. Another would be ultra high monitors are difficult to run for GPUs when used for a PC, and are superfluous for TVs.
But how would it look if it had a lower resolution, like a phone. Would it look like stuff from a distance?

minecraft.clockler.com is back up, vanilla survival for a tiny number of the masses

My 8 diamonds, 22 iron, some gold and coal got stolen :c
(and some iron tools but i dont give a forget)

But how would it look if it had a lower resolution, like a phone. Would it look like stuff from a distance?
I don't think you really understand what we're getting at here.
PPI is pixels per inch. It is directly proportionate to the size of the screen and the display resolution. A display device has a limited number of pixels it can display, and a limited space over which to display them.
Let's say you have a 640x960 resolution on a screen with a diagonal screen size of 3.54 inches.
To fit that resolution on that size of a screen, you will have to have a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch.
That means that for every inch, in both the horizontal and vertical directions, there will be 326 pixels in every inch of the screen.

It is not possible to say, increase the PPI of a screen without modifying the resolution or screen size, because the PPI is found by using both of those factors.
If you took a 52" TV and lowered it's 1080p resolution to like you said, the resolution of a phone, it would decrease the PPI to around 22 if I'm doing the math correctly. This would look like utter crap up close, but far away it would probably look okay. But doing something like that would be completely absurd and pointless, because it's a TV and is meant to be used as such.
Hopefully I explain it better this time, it can get pretty complicated.

My 8 diamonds, 22 iron, some gold and coal got stolen :c
(and some iron tools but i dont give a forget)
Friendly tip: When you go offline store your valuables in your inventory.

The short story that goes along with Waking Up is actually pretty interesting, I found Chapter 3 by accident and it has me worried I'll pass right by future chapters

I think Vechs said the whole thing is online but it feels wrong to just go look it up lol

The short story that goes along with Waking Up is actually pretty interesting, I found Chapter 3 by accident and it has me worried I'll pass right by future chapters

I think Vechs said the whole thing is online but it feels wrong to just go look it up lol

Wait what? From what I understand it sounds like you found pages to a book or something. Can you find books in Minecraft and read them in 1.3?

Tekkit includes everything except Modloader, Forge, Thaumcraft, and Mystcraft, I think.

When you click the button in the launcher to select mods, it literally gives you a Modloader mod list. Also, the change logs for Tekkit list updating Forge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQIFdA0URA

i cry everytim ;(

Quote from: MegaScience's YouTube Comment
I was curious about the iron and diamond picks, maybe it'd have a happier ending with tha-

Oh stuff, I just remembered you can now put wooden tools in furnaces. Thank God THAT wasn't put in this video - that would make things 50x worse.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:59:16 PM by MegaScientifical »

Wait what? From what I understand it sounds like you found pages to a book or something. Can you find books in Minecraft and read them in 1.3?

Yes

Yes

Thanks for linking me that. Some loving dumbass IP editor changed the History template from 12w17a to August 1, 2012. Which is butt forget wrong. History goes by first introduction, AKA development builds. And if we wanted to put it as a full release, we'd put 1.3.1 there. Not a date.

Sorry, IP editors just frustrate the forget out of me because they don't give a forget what they're actually doing.

your wiki determination is truly unparalleled