Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851037 times)

Say what?
1.5 focuses on redstone mechanics, making redstone behaviours more consistent (rather than all different things behaving differently with regards to it) and making it a bit more complex with signal strength, and enhancing detection/interaction stuff for minecarts allowing them to hopefully take the place of things like Buildcraft/Redpower pipe systems which I think would be super loving cool

Not sure on the signal strength thing myself. I think it's a good way to implement detection - you'll be able to tell how much is in a chest minecart by its weight, which I think is cool, but I think it might overcomplicate some things. I think stuff like the Redpower integrated logic circuits would be a much better investment, personally. And the retriever/block breaker. And pretty much everything else, god damn I love Redpower.

Was that the thing you were say-whatting about or was I wrong

why is my tronic texture not working ; ;

bricks, when built, show up as some mixture of random textures.
i updated the game to 1.4.5, and downloaded the new texture pack in attempt to fix it. i wasnt sure if it was 1.4.5 rdy, but its only been a month since i first downloaded it, and it was a different file that was overwritten. so i assumed it worked.

stupid game x.x

Quote from: https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/273775616162164736
Sometimes you make promises at Minecon... http://i.imgur.com/yl64t.png

Quote from: https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/273776343190208512
How to craft netherbrick though... Not sure yet, but it should be something more interesting than just bunching netherrack
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:01:03 AM by MegaScientifical »

I swear, the minecraft developers are like 4th graders with a short attention span

"We're gonna fix all the bugs! Look, I made netherbrick slabs!!"

Doing different kinds of things really makes developing a lot better for the developers though.
Not saying that they shouldn't finally fix the bugs and all, but i can understand why they don't.

After all, they also promised netherbrick slabs, so they have to do that as well, i figure.

I am pretty sure someone said it before, but they should really make it easier for themselves by giving every full block type automatically a half slab type.
At the moment it seems like they have to manually code every frigging slab, which is really inconvenient of course.

[quote author=IkeTheGeneric link=topic=70050.msg6098084#msg6098084 date=1354109107]
I swear, the minecraft developers are like 4th graders with a short attention span

"We're gonna fix all the bugs! Look, I made netherbrick slabs!!"
[/quote]

Honestly you're making yourself sound stupid. During the Question and Answer part, this old guy came up and asked for Netherbrick Slabs. It really was weird they didn't already have Netherbrick Slabs, so they were like "Okay, we'll get on that when we get back." That's what he meant in the tweet... They are doing everything, they are just adding something that made sense, was asked for directly, and was very simple to implement.

Jeb linked this for Minecon images from anyone: http://statigr.am/tag/minecon

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:19:12 AM by MegaScientifical »

What a gentleman!

...nope, couldn't keep a straight face.

Better then Wolves, TerraFirmaCraft

so I went to check on BTW because I haven't looked at it since beta

*** The Mod That is Incompatible With Everything!!! ***

that's really not something to be proud of :l

there's a ton of new stuff though, wow
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:33:23 AM by Regulith »

I think the BTW incompatibility is intentional, too. The dev is an egotistical jackass.

is the malware thing with the Mc website fixed?

if you mean the wiki that's been fixed for weeks now

thats been fixed for 2 months