Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49088 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Problem: How do I host an internet game?
Problem: I'm trying to host a game but no one joins/ my game doesnt show up in the list

Solution: If you have cable or DSL, you probably need to forward your ports.  I have created a tutorial on how to do this here: http://blockland.us/portForward/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:53:16 PM by Badspot »

it won't let me type blockland all the way out

Badspot

• Administrator
it won't let me type blockland all the way out

That's ok, it's just a description.  You could put "cheeze" in there and it wouldn't matter.

hey badspot that web dosent work for me do you know any other way i can host a internet game????

dosent work for me becuz dosent have all links to it liek dosent have advaned or help  i really need know another way like do i need a router or what?

Badspot

• Administrator
If you can actually get to your router page, just look for something that says "Port Forwarding" or just click around until you see something that looks like step 2B

didnt see it =( well i wonted to know if i need like a router or sumthing i got on its linked to 5 computers but ill keep trying =(

but really could some one help me plz im despreat or how ever you spell it

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm not really sure what problem you're having exactly.
How do you connect to the internet? Cable, DSL, dialup?
If it's cable/dsl, do you have a router?  A router is a physical piece of hardware that allows multiple computers to connect to your cable/dsl modem. ( something like this http://www.luxus.cz/obchod_pic/linksys_befhr.jpg )

Lub

This is why I cant host then.... Thanks for the tutorial. I would do it but my routers browser config settings are in french, and I dropped french ages ago :S

Mine isn't working, I did what you said.
I have Cable, Belkin F5D7230-4 Wireless G router, have Charter Firewall, Windows Defender(Microsoft anti-spyware 2), Windows Firewall, my router has a built in firewall and I run Windows XP.
Can you help?

If your router is any thing like mine type your IP in internet explorer or what ever you use and then you shoudk type username: admin  pass: admin then goto apllication and gaming it should say somthing like port range put bl in application syaty port 28002 end port 28002 leave protocal at both then IP you should look up if you got XP just click run type cmd a log will apear type ipconfig in it hit enter then remember your ip go back to your forwording range type that IP in or the last three digets then make sure its enabled and hit save changes i got charter cable dsl to so we should be kinda alike hope that helps if not im sorry

and badspot you need to make your help port forwording thing support other routers not every one has that kind

My model is a Linksys WRTP54G. There is no common passwords and usernames for it!

contact your internet provider