Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49655 times)

Ok, but this makes no sense. I could host servers in Vanilla/RTB, but now i can't.

JUST DO THIS.

Run  "cmd"
Type "ipconfig"
The top address is yours look at the end of it.

Then goto your port forwarding part(I can't help you find it).
Forward 28000-28030 UDP(NOT TCP OR ELSE).

Put the last part of the Address in the little box.

TAADAAAAAAA!

Then you MIGHT have to do the 3rd step in Badspot's guide about DNS.

WHERE DO I FORWARD IT!?

Ok port forwarded, my problem roots in the fact that with my cable modem you cant set the IP manually or the connection dies. there for no setting of the DNS is available. Any other way to get this to work?

well I did all the steps and tested my server was dead.
i did the ip thing and everything els.
i'm very loving pissed of right now

I have a problem, i use a Netgear router. I figured out how to access it and ive forwarded the correct ports, thing is i need to find out the DNS' but i dont know how, my router shows them as 0.0.0.0 i think i may need to input them myself but i dont know how to find them :( Any ideas ppl?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:10:45 PM by paul_UK »

I have a 2wire2734, or something like that, can anyone help me find the DNA code, I REALLY need help

when i do the dns thingie it doesnt say anything :panda:

on the last step, the top field had three fields, but you only tell us how to get the last one!

Norton Anti-Virus when a program tries to connect to the internet it says "Allow Connections from this program on all ports." When I say yes to that, is it opening both the UDP and TCP?  That might be why my servers are dead.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:11:35 PM by bri guy »

I'm not trying to joke here I'm just asking a simple question. If you don't know don't talk.

Next time you have a thought just let it go.

All i want to know is how to find my bloody DNS!

Badspot

• Administrator
All i want to know is how to find my bloody DNS!

from command prompt:
ipconfig /all

Ok, i turned off ALL firewalls, set everything you told me to in the tutorial, i set up port forwarding correctly and my ping shows up as dead, what am i doing wrong?

Also my dns is the same as my default gateway, is that right?

You can join some servers with with dead ping. They're not all dead... :P