Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49094 times)

No luck, "Server conflict with LAN IP" I share my connection with my roomate (we have the same IP) I need to figure out how to forward my ports.
Woo screenshot.

My Windows Security or whatever it's called detects stuff using ports. If my game tries to use closed ports, a popup will come up asking if I'd like to allow Blockland.exe to use the ports. All I do is click Yes and no need to port forward :o

Facechild, that seems odd. I think...nevermind

Facechild, are you sure you are 192.168.2.1 and not 192.168.2.2?

positive, my router is located at 192.168.2.1

Badspot

• Administrator
You have to forward the ports to your computer's IP, not the router's IP. 

Yes. it didnt work!
The password has probably been changed.  Theres usually a tiny hole on the back of the router with a button in side that resets everything.  You stick a paper clip in there to push it.
i cannot find this hole? and what will this effect anything?

Badspot

• Administrator
Yes. it didnt work!
The password has probably been changed.  Theres usually a tiny hole on the back of the router with a button in side that resets everything.  You stick a paper clip in there to push it.
i cannot find this hole? and what will this effect anything?

It will reset the router back to the default factory settings, allowing you to access it with the default password.  Sometimes it's not quite a hole so much as a little button.

ok well i did the reset thing and tried all of the passwords on the list and it still wont let me go to the page

ok well i did the reset thing and tried all of the passwords on the list and it still wont let me go to the page

What router model do you have?

If you go to www.portforward.com and view the default tutorial for your router, it should say the default username and password to use.

well im trying to host a game it did work about 2 days ago but becuase of that patch 1.03 that patch i think it made it so my server is dead we port forward and dident work by nasa time agent

I looked through the tutorial, and it looks like one for Windows 2000. I have windows XP and it looks a lot different. in XP, theres no "advanced" option.
could you help with that? :cookie:

Badspot

• Administrator
I guarantee that your router is not running windows XP.  Just read the text, use your brain, and find the port forwarding section.  It may be labeled "applications and gaming" or "program access control" or some other stupid stuff but it's there

-_- now i got into my router stuff and there is no DNS in the status stuff /:

Rex

My router doesn't have ice cream about "port forwarding" the closest thing I could find on the router's site or whatever is a bunch of boxes which are supposed to be filled with a MAC adress. There is an IP adress box, and two other checkboxes. There are about 10 of these, stacked like shown in the tutorial.  :cookie: to anyone that tells me where I can get what is shown in the tutorial.
EDIT: I have Ambit Broadband as my router.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:58:06 AM by Rex »

Ok i'm stuck with the DNS part, I only see 1 number next to it and thats what is confusing me the most when i look at your screenshots for the Tutorial it is out of date so that makes me wonder how to do this...Need help pl0x k thnxz! :cookieMonster: