Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49691 times)

Yeah but people couldnt join mine for that reason.

I did everything in the tutorial but then my internet didn't work.   
So I changed the stuff in the last step back to defaults.  When I first got Retail, people could join and I haven't added or changed anything since.

Massive Image!
Above is all the settings I have put for my router and the relevant parts of the instructions, followed exactly, yet my server ping is still 'Dead'. On my router's "IP addresses of Clients" page all the other computers in my house (Laptop, second older PC, Wii Internet) show up and this one doesn't, yet the router still will accept IP address 192.168.2.8 as the "Private IP" in portforwarding and it will complain that the same IP is administrating it if I change the static IP settings in step 3E and forget to log out.

It worked a little before I attempted to get Wii Internet working with my computers, but if I try to disable that my wireless laptop also stops working.

I see it.

Whenever you use run>cmd>ipconfig

You use the same IP Address that is says there as "IP Address" in the portforwarding one.
(You were just showing the example while you shown yours below)

Me, I don't do the "Use the following IP Address"..I use the Obtain Automatically and it works.

Also it is UDP not BOTH not TCP......ONLY UDP.

Wow! Thanks Jsk and space. You two helped me finnaly host. Yay! Cookies for you's.  :cookie:  :cookie:

Edit: Never mind. It stoped working for some reason.

Can anyone help me? I forwarded my ports and I still can't host. My firewall is off and I even tried putting on DMZ mode (which opens up all of your ports). Also, I can host on RTB with no problem at all... can anyone help?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:20:14 PM by Boojangels »

i gots a prob

when i followed your instructions to put your I.P. in the address it takes me here, i can't find the DCS, if anyone can find it tell plez?

P.S.: its not mine!

anyone?
for some reason when i follow your instructions it leads me to a bell south page?
anyone got any comments

Your internet provider is probably Bell South.

anyone?
for some reason when i follow your instructions it leads me to a bell south page?
anyone got any comments

i think i knew that...

crap my router model isnt there :/

crap its not normal password on that damn router :(

and my dad dont know it
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:27:42 PM by psygo »

Badspot

• Administrator
crap my router model isnt there :/

crap its not normal password on that damn router :(

and my dad dont know it

There's usually a little hole on the back of the router that you can stick a paper clip in to reset it. 

hmm i dont think thats a good idea :(

i have a D-Link and when i type in username (admin) and nothing for pass  it just goes to a white page that says 401 unauthorized whould i just do the whole paper clip thing? PS: if this makes a difference im using a laptop

InvalidUniverse

It is User: *NOTHINGBLANKPUTNOTHINGHERE*
Password: admin

i tried that too and it didnt work
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:49:38 PM by InvalidUniverse »