Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49657 times)

"I've disabled the 'firewall' on my router completely"

Should be modem, not router.

I tried to change everything to what I thought was port forwarding, but all it did was disconnect my computer from the internet. Every computer in my house is connected except mine. firefox wont work, HALO wont work (Multiplayer-all I do on HALO), Blockland wont work, AIM wont work, anything that needs an internet connection wont work. )=<

uhhh i dont have a password

I'm having problems with step 3E

I am using a linksys wireless router.

Everything goes good... untill I get to step 3E

I type in preferred and alternate DNS servers.  (I type in the numbers) 

then I type in my default gateway.  However, what are the two numbers ABOVE that supposed to be?

Badspot

• Administrator
Subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0

IP address can be whatever you want as long as it's not already taken and not the same as your default gateway.  It should be the same as the ip address you put in step 2b

IP address can be whatever you want as long as it's not already taken and not the same as your default gateway.
How do we know if it isn't already taken?

Badspot

• Administrator
Is that what your machine's ip address is?

amidoinitrite?

Is that what your machine's ip address is?
I don't know. =/

You need to right click your connection (down next to the clock) and select Status. Then go to the Support tab and your IP is the IP Address, and you need to put the last set of numbers into the private ip box on your router. I'd guess 192.168.2.1 is actually your router IP or something.

Hey what about wireless internet? How do i do that?

Right click the wireless icon next to the clock?

oops sorry I meant something else Ephialtes and i have Mac anyway.

None of the passwords work for me