Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49492 times)

um when i try to do the first step it opens google

Everytime I try to host a game, it keeps saying it's dead. So I guess that means I need to open my ports?

When I try to go through the router settings like the tut says, it comes to this screen, and I don't know where to go from there. I can't find the DNS things it says in the tut, and I know that Dynamic DNS thing link there doesn't work.

Also, I already put blockland as an exception on my firewall, but I think it is still not working. I also found this, which may do the trick, but I'm not sure what to do:

Well I forwarded my ports but it's still not working. Here's my ports:

But I still cant find my DNS. When I go to status, all I see is this:

Here's what I have so far in the thing:

I think that network cable unplugged may mean something, but I'm not sure. And like I said, I can't find my DNS.

I know how to port forward, but i am encountering two problems:

• The router configuration usernames & passwords for both routers aren't working, and i fear my net won't work for a long time if i press the RESET button.
  • As i have two routers should i change the ports for both of them or just one... one of the modems is the "main modem" and the other one is for getting net to the laptop.

A picture below.

Well I forwarded my ports but it's still not working. Here's my ports:

But I still cant find my DNS. When I go to status, all I see is this:

Here's what I have so far in the thing:

I think that network cable unplugged may mean something, but I'm not sure. And like I said, I can't find my DNS.

Change the end port number to 28032. I made that same mistake.

It should work when you fix that.

badspot help me servers keep diesing before i even join them so i cant join any and if i do see one it times out. plz help

I now reseted my router and succeeded to enter the admin page.
But now the problem is, that i still cant host servers.
I tried setting the ports up:

If you know enough about dlink routers please contact on this thread.

Name: Blockland
Trigger port: 28000 (-) 28032
Trigger type: UDP
Public port: 28000
Public type: UDP

If you still have issues after trying this, the only advice I can give you is toil around with the two UDP/TCP thingies.

i can't find my DNS thing. I would show you a screen shot of the page, but i dont know how. :panda:

my modem type is ZyXel Prestige 600 series. i have a router, but it's dead, and doesn't work.

there is one problem with this. my friend says blockland has its own security system. forwarding your ports means you can have people get onto YOUR NETWORK. that enables then to send in viruses and hack your internet. the port part allows them to connect to your network aka going into your computer therefore HACKABLE. is there any other way to host?

What if your ports are forwarded and your server is still dead?

Okay i followed every step im 90 % sure that not one thing was screwed up and it made it where couldnt get on the internet at all.... lucky i figure i should just turn both things back on find it by itsself and it worked =P So NO  :cookie: :cookie: for you!

What is port triggering?