Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49799 times)

did you search your IP through command prompt

i got my default gateway, typed in address bar, but it says page cannot be found or internet connection timed out (note: my internet is fine, cause all other sites work) shouldnt had eated dat last choclate square >.<

hmmm, did your router come with installation CD?

I need to know if you can port forward on a shared internet connection.
My mom's laptop is the one with the router installed on it. (Which is where I select all the options for portforwarding.
I'm the one leeching on the internet.

I forgot the never post in stickies rule......
May make another topic about this.....

wtf? i typed in 192.168.1.1 but it no work and i check my command and it says 192.168.2.1 and so i go there and wtf? its comepletely different then the damn instructions!!!!!! maybe i should just ask my dad to do it for me... -.- can anyone help me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i type in my defualt gateway, and i tried my ip adress, but all it says is page not found or one of those pages, help? btw, blockland isnt on my firewall list, but i put it on and checked it to be exceptional

FOR FIREWALL
you can either check blockland like the above poster or start blockland, attempted to connect to internet, go to desktop, a pop-up should appear asking if you want to or not block blockland.

FOR IP ADDREASE (spelt wrong)
go to command prompt (the black box with codes AND not from blockland) and type ipconfig/all, a huge list should appear, look for IP and write it down on seperate piece of paper or wherever, continue with Port Fowarding procedures, and didn't you read the very begining of the port fowarding instructions?
Made this tutorial using a LinkSys router, but all routers have these sorts of settings. Just look around and click stuff.
Kids: Don't ask your parents, just try it when they're not home.

and no body has yet to answer my question as i did port foward but nothing happen.
does it mater that the "Port fowarding help" walkthrough says that i need ports 28000-28030 accesed by blockland but blockland says i need 28000 and 28032?

what if you are using a laptop with wireless connection?

I hav clicked around everywhere and can't find anything  :panda:

@Puma: its the same.

@Metal: Im sure you havn't looks closly at it or went to sub-options

I get this when I go to adv settings

hmmmm, what are you looking for?