Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49091 times)

i got bellsouth/att high speed dsl

tried to do port forwarding on my linksus wireless router but when i do that it kills the ENTIRE INTERNET to the house. I tried to do the port forwarding through the modem (it can do that) but i have no damn idea if it is working.

what i did
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Service Details
Service Name *blockland
Type: Port Forwarding
Port 1

Protocol: TCP
Global Port(s): 28000-28030
Base Host Port: 45
Port 2

Protocol: UDP

so am i doing it correctly or do i need to do somthing weird like read my long assed networking book that is 5 years out of date :l

i got bellsouth/att high speed dsl

tried to do port forwarding on my linksus wireless router but when i do that it kills the ENTIRE INTERNET to the house. I tried to do the port forwarding through the modem (it can do that) but i have no damn idea if it is working.

what i did
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Service Details
Service Name *blockland
Type: Port Forwarding
Port 1

Protocol: TCP
Port 2

Protocol: UDP

so am i doing it correctly or do i need to do somthing weird like read my long assed networking book that is 5 years out of date :l

trying it again. all is messed with minus the router

I dont have dialup connection

i already port forward 28000 through 280032 and disable my firewall and no one can join i dont know whats wrong, can you help me please thank you.

Trouble with step: 3-B

There is no "Network and Dial-Up Connections" shortcut in the Vista control panel.

HALP plz

I have a newer model and it doesnt look at all like yours

I forwarded my ports and did the dial-up connection thing... 

But hosting doesn't work most of the time.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I was able to get through all of the steps alright, but when I tried to host a server, no one joined.  I opened up Blockland a second time (very laggy though), and then checked the list of servers.  Mine was there, but under Ping it said 'dead' (by the way, what does 'ping' mean?). 

Is this supposed to happen since it was my own server on my own computer, or do I have to make some adjustment?

I was able to get through all of the steps alright, but when I tried to host a server, no one joined.  I opened up Blockland a second time (very laggy though), and then checked the list of servers.  Mine was there, but under Ping it said 'dead' (by the way, what does 'ping' mean?). 

Is this supposed to happen since it was my own server on my own computer, or do I have to make some adjustment?

Ping is the same as latency i think it means how close the server owner is from you or just the lag of it : /

If it said dead it means your srever didnt work.

If it said dead it means your srever didnt work.

Is there any way to fix this?  I'm on a laptop with a LINKSYS router, and I don't think any firewalls are blocking it, though I'm not sure how to check if it is.

If its dead then yeah it didn't work.

Just to state a random fact, Ping is the amount of time it takes (in milliseconds, I believe) it takes to send a packet of information from one computer to another over a network of some kind (like the Internet of course.)

Click here for more formal definitions of Ping.