Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49661 times)

No password upon first going to the page, either.

Turn of firewall when hosting or is there a game mode like zone alarm?

Only Norton Symantec. Configured the TCP/IP protocol or whatever it said on the last step on the port forwarding. Allowed any and all access for "Blockland" with to and from connections.Still dead.

Still dead without firewalls

What now?

I forwarded my ports, but I think my internet securidy IS loving OVER PROTECTIVE AD WON'T LET ME HOST either that or I did it wrong.

i fowload it as close as i could with a belkin wireless router and it didnt even let me on the intenet in blockland can someone help :panda:

an easyer way is to make it so you dont need to portfoword in your next update

Uhhhh, the port forwarding has nothing to do with the software, if he were to do that, Blockland could be used as an exploit to gain access to the player's computers.

Uhhhh, the port forwarding has nothing to do with the software, if he were to do that, Blockland could be used as an exploit to gain access to the player's computers.

What I meant by that, is that Blockland depends on your router to have these ports open, it does not, and likely will never be able to configure the ports by itself.

I have no firewall, but I am plugged into a little hub so I can split my connection to my Xbox 360.  The hub doesn't have any software of any sorts, and I've disabled the 'firewall' on my router completely, but I still can't host.  I tried to find my DNS, but only found one DNS number - so I have no alternate DSN.  Any help?