Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49636 times)

unk

Did you try this http://blockland.us/portForward/defaultGateway.html ?

Are you sure you have a router?

stupid me, i don't have a router.Sorry.Aw i hate myself.How do you host with a modem?

You can try, but people will hate you for having a modem.  And I won't come because your lag will be like 250 or something like that.

Badspot

• Administrator
If you have a modem and can't host then you might have some other software stopping Blockland from connecting like Windows Firewall, ZoneAlarm, Norton or whatever. 

No you will not get hacked. 
Eh, i don't know what my brother's problem is :/

If you have a modem and can't host then you might have some other software stopping Blockland from connecting like Windows Firewall, ZoneAlarm, Norton or whatever. 

badspot mad run for the hills

unk

ok thank you badspot :cookie:!

how you do you find your ip addres

Look at bottom-right corner of your post, next to "Report to moderator".

oh and thank oyu badspot for posting the tbm warning on the website i will delete that when my pc is up and runing till then i wana know scince your working on the v0002 i host a server on and when you fix problems for it i wana get them on my server :) and u can join my server once my computer is working if they dont clear the memory :'( so much work in the server pluys my games so much worrrrrrrrrrrrrrkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my email is Skylord123 @hotmail.com if that dont work Skylord321@hotmail.com :) random dont you think  :cookieMonster:

Badspot

• Administrator
how you do you find your ip addres
Internet IP: http://www.whatismyip.com/
Lan IP: Start->run->command->ipconfig

I'am still nervus to ask my brother to allow me to host internet servers, if i ask him, he may be mad, cause -Beginnging of story- "Mike: your gonna get hacked" "Me: But the people on the blockland forums said you can't get hacked" "Mike: If you open a port, it allows people to hack into your computer" "Me: Aww, this stinks" -End of story- That sounds like something he'd say :(

I'am still nervus to ask my brother to allow me to host internet servers, if i ask him, he may be mad, cause -Beginnging of story- "Mike: your gonna get hacked" "Me: But the people on the blockland forums said you can't get hacked" "Mike: If you open a port, it allows people to hack into your computer" "Me: Aww, this stinks" -End of story- That sounds like something he'd say :(

-_- i host without my brother knowing works out for me i use the excuse "i use hamachi to host servers just to my friends" he is like " oh ok kwl"
and well impossible to hack threw unless your giving ip and port #'s out and ect your safe oh and as long as you dont get a virus or any thing that may make things bad its only on your computer not bad for him so screw him it should work

He hates hamachi too "It opens ports blah blah blah" should i ask him tommarow to open port 28000? I ain't sure...

Badspot

• Administrator
You're way more likely to get hacked through hamachi.  Forwarding a few ports is completely safe.