Poll

Should I ask Badspot to move this topic to Community Projects?

Yes
No

Author Topic: TCBB: The Coalition for a Better Blockland  (Read 18001 times)

The Coalition for a Better Blockland*
Formerly The "Be Nice" Campaigners
"Because life is full of hatred"
*Thank you, Hugums, for the epic name.
A coalition is an alliance among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action, each in his own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause. This alliance may be temporary or a matter of convenience. A coalition thus differs from a more formal covenant.

The Coalition for a Better Blockland is currently undergoing an experiment. We are letting this topic fall into the lower pages of Clan Discussion to see if people still act nicely when they think the clan may be gone. We are not gone, the topic is simply going dormant. Member list is being considered for deletion. New members are welcomed with open arms.
Please see page 10 for a list of Q's & A's.
Clan avatars are now being removed. Do so or I will message you personally.
The movement of this topic to Community Projects is being considered.

People who refuse to remove avatars
rebel

History
On June 9th, 2009, a topic was made about the Blockland forums. Inside described the problems with this forum; everyone here is hateful. Whenever someone new comes in, and they aren't the most intelligent person in the world, they get attacked, and often leave. Now, a lot of people may say, "Hey, they're idiots, they don't deserve to be here", and they're wrong. Haven't you noticed that some people have come here, acted like morons, and then changed into intelligent people? The forums need to be kinder, not a flaming cesspool where hatred flows out like hot, new-member seeking lava missiles.

This topic may be found here. Thanks to Dr Bling for taking the time to type all that out.

On June 13th, after a series of flame attacks on TCBB, we have changed our mission statement. Rather than protecting all players from unkindness, our main focus is now newbies. Thanks for being jerks, guys.

On June 15th, after encouragement and complaints about the new Mission Statement, TCBB has changed back to a revised version of the original.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission Statement
As members of this group, we promise to do our best to make this forums a better place, but nothing is perfect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we do
We stop the mistreatment of all members who have made a mistake and need some backup. Considering this place is a cesspool full of hatred, like the kind revealed when the first two Mission Statements were put into effect, it's obvious that people need some help. Now, I'm not trying to make the forum 100% hate-free, and I want you to know that. I'm just looking at the unnecessary stuff. I know that even when it comes time that I'm no longer a member of this forum and this group falls into the lower pages, it will still not be perfect, but that's alright. All I want to do is have us show a little bit of kindness and compassion. Is that so wrong? No, because that was a rhetorical question. You can still be mean here, sure, but just don't let it get out of hand. Things that I don't mind seeing:

1: "Ur mean"
2: "Get over it idiot."

Things I would rather not see:

1: "Why wood you do that?"
2: "YOU SPELLED "WOULD" WRONG YOU loving rooster-SUCKER OF A richard stuff"

Now, we're not going to be "The Emotion Police", like some people seem to think we are, where you can't be angry. Do what you want, just don't go ape-stuff on people. If anyone who is a known member of this group is doing that and getting worked up over something small and trivial, please just either refer them to this or tell them as kindly as possible that they are "doin' it rong".

How to join
Actually, you don't need to do anything. If you want to, you can just simply say that you're joining the cause. As long as you're trying to make the forum a little better, that's god enough. An avatar is FORBIDDEN. It's bugging the hell out of people, and that's contributing to the flame war.

Why I made this clan/group
Now, you may be thinking, "Regulith, what 'da hell is wrong whit-choo?". My answer is simply that my eyes have been opened to what's been going on here. People are being major pricks, and there's no excuse. You may say, "But Regulith, it's only the internet!" Another misconception. You see, maybe unlike you, I am a real, living, breathing, feeling person, not a heartless robot. Insults hurt, even if people don't show it. Just try to lay it on light. One last thing you might say, "Regulith, you're mean too!" I won't lie, I've been an ass before, and I'm doing my best not to do it again. You can look at Dr Bling's "The Blockland Forum" topic for more about what's going on around here.

Members
This section is up for deletion.

Leader
Me, Regulith.

Members

In order of join time:
Hugums
SirMikeAlot
Block Builder
Jaxx
Ace
Sandvich
Reformist
Knil
Dread
Big Brother
TheChaosCarrier
Dr Bling
DaSord213
[-x-]
T-dub
Rebel
Tingalz
Choneis
DoctorDeath
jirue
ficninja
Grand Architect
nick18337
Dr.Block
Kerog
MasterLemons
MtnDew
Crysist
BountyHunter007
AGlass0fMilk
dippindots326

Alphabetical:
[-x-]
Ace
AGlass0fMilk
Big Brother
Block Builder
BountyHunter007
Choneis
Crysist
DaSord213
dippindots326
DoctorDeath
Dr Bling
Dr.Block
Dread
ficninja
Grand Architect
Hugums
Jaxx
jirue
Kerog
Knil
MasterLemons
MtnDew
nick18337
Rebel
Reformist
Sandvich
SirMikeAlot
T-dub
TheChaosCarrier
Tingalz

That's all for now.
Remember guys, keep it cool, keep it nice.

I think I'm running dry on brown townogies.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:50:25 PM by Regulith »

Let me join! I want to help!

Ace

I would join, but I'm known for being an starfish admin.

If that doesn't count, though, then I'm in. :D

that you will look out for new members (and some of the older ones too) and correct people when they are being mean. You do not need to be a member of this clan to do good. An avatar is not required, although a signature or avatar...message...thingy would be nice.

Can Sandvich has join?

Yes, Sandvich, but why did you post part of the topic? o.-

Yes, Sandvich, but why did you post part of the topic? o.-
You said "All you have to do is say -"
Never said stop :o

The only problem I see is that similar avatars are confusing. I think Gen Nick found that out when he was using my avatar. D:

You guys need another font or a different color or something.

The only problem I see is that similar avatars are confusing. I think Gen Nick found that out when he was using my avatar. D:

Mines not different enough?

Like mine :D

Mines not different enough?

Yours should be fine, but if anyone else uses one like mine, it'll either need different text (other than the name) and/or a font/color change.