Author Topic: Anti-virus 2009  (Read 3413 times)

I was just downloading add-ons when anti-virus came up. It said I had a KL trojan on my computer (Key Logger). It takes screenshots of your computer and keyboard typing. Well my dad's friend Patrick took A look at my computer and said it had to be compleatly erased! D:, Well Patrick tracked the source down And said that Anti-virus GAVE the trojan to us so we would buy it! Not my best day...
P.S i'm typing this on my DSi for the people that will ask. (sorry! wrong section!)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:58:28 AM by killer5000 »

Had the same thing once. After a while (weeks or even a month) my antivirus programm found the source and deleted it from my pc.

I just cant belive that antivirus GAVE the trojan to me!

"patrick" clearly knows nothing about computers.

He does he's a pro on computers and the trojan kept use from doing anything so the hardrive had to be erased. The trojan was hiden also.

He does he's a pro on computers and the trojan kept use from doing anything so the hardrive had to be erased. The trojan was hiden also.

Hidden? As in rootkit? I'm not a "pro" and even those don't take me more than 30 seconds to be rid of.

what antivirus?

Once I buy get a new computer, I should look into getting a good, fast antivirus software. :P

Hidden? As in rootkit? I'm not a "pro" and even those don't take me more than 30 seconds to be rid of.
This trojan keeps you from clicking your mouse so you cant deleate it

Does this Patrick have a job where he works with computers? If not he is not a pro. Pro stands for professional, professional basically means that you get paid to do something. I would only trust a true professional to handle a computer of mine, or someone with experience and previously worked professionally.

Safe mode, no drivers, no mouse software, problem solved.

Does this Patrick have a job where he works with computers? If not he is not a pro. Pro stands for professional, professional basically means that you get paid to do something. I would only trust a true professional to handle a computer of mine, or someone with experience and previously worked professionally.
Yes he has a job that works with computers

Anti-Virus 2009, REALLY?
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHNH_enUS325US325&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=antivirus+2009

I didn't think anyone actually fell for those...
The antivirus didn't give you a Trojan, it IS the Trojan.

The antivirus didn't give you a Trojan, it IS the Trojan.
Obviously.

Tab tab tab, delete+enter.

People have to do some really stupid stuff to get viruses like these...