Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 327745 times)

Why does RTB say my ID is 12265? I haven't been on that ID in nearly 6 months.
It has probably logged your IP to that ID.

Bump from the stump:
While i noticed you added a datablock pref type to the allowed pref type list, why is float not a valid preference type?
One would think that is a very basic preference type that should be usable.

Bump from the stump:
While i noticed you added a datablock pref type to the allowed pref type list, why is float not a valid preference type?
One would think that is a very basic preference type that should be usable.

Try using int. I think it will accept a floating point number.

Try using int. I think it will accept a floating point number.
Oh, i thought about trying that after i found out.
But what if i only have rounded min and max values?
I think i should just do (for example:) 20.00 then?

EDIT:
I am trying to have a slider as RTB pref.
Not an input field. :S
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:33:55 PM by lordician »

Yeah it's already been suggested and it's in the next patch whenever that goes out, sorry.

Yeah it's already been suggested and it's in the next patch whenever that goes out, sorry.
Ah, i didn't notice that suggestion.
But good to hear.
Thanks Ephialtes. :)
Also thanks Greek2me for trying to help me out, i just didn't describe my problem that well. ;)

It looks like the issue with RTB accepting strings that break the string memory limit is back. Or was it never fixed? I don't know, here is a console snippet (the log file maxed out the size limit at 2,147,483,685 bytes).

Those were the last lines of the console.

When is the website going to be worked on? I've been wondering what an account on the main website will do?

It looks like the issue with RTB accepting strings that break the string memory limit is back. Or was it never fixed? I don't know, here is a console snippet (the log file maxed out the size limit at 2,147,483,685 bytes).

Those were the last lines of the console.

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to here but if you mean crashing due to long strings I'm fairly certain that only happens if you're doing a console trace because the console's even worse at handling big strings.

You should receive an RTB notification in-game for these things:
 - New message in your RTB forum inbox
 - Bug report submitted for mod
 - Comment left on mod (should be toggle-able)
 - Moderator issue raised on mod
 - Moderator approval of mod

Yeah when the new website's done there's going to be much closer integration with how the site works and your in-game experience. Private messages will be tied heavily into the connect system so you'll be able to receieve and send them with notifications all from in-game too.

I hadn't considered the add-on management side of things here so these are good ideas, thanks.

Why not add an option to link your RTB account to your Blockland Forums account? Then you could have Block Bot distribute PMs with notifications.

The stuff like your PMs, moderator issues, bug reports should also show when you login if there's any new ones. I know I for one never check the RTB site, so it'd be quite nice to have a sort of "Mod Management Readout" that shows the number of new PMs, bugs and issues and allows you to click any one to open that interface in your browser.

Yeah the end-game is to have most things available to you in-game on the overlay or something because I certainly don't expect people to be checking the RTB website regularly.

Why not add an option to link your RTB account to your Blockland Forums account? Then you could have Block Bot distribute PMs with notifications.

That'd be somewhat frustrating because it doesn't provide you with an immediate way to reply to the message. I think having these messages available to people in-game and on the rtb website should be enough to satisfy most.