Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 282365 times)

Syl would be our best bet besides Kalphiter.
Wouldn't Diggy have to give the mod to Sylv?

First, yeah i know you can't believe it, i host for free, second, i have a datacenter, i have 22 HP Proliant dl 385G1, 18 HP Proliant dl380 G3, 1HP Proliant dl 560 G1, 1 SUN Eserver octo, 2 DELL Poweredge and many others. I actually testing my servers for blockland as a host for Surburb, it works perfecly. Don't think i will host anyone heh!. If diggy accept, i will discuss with him, otherwize, then nothing will change lol. I dont make any limitations, but i upgrade or not server processors and memory if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:08:04 AM by Sylvanor »

Wouldn't Diggy have to give the mod to Sylv?
I'm not quite sure how to explain this.
Yes and no, I assume Diggy would have his own user account on Sylv's server, which Diggy can access remotely from his computer.  However since it is on Sylv's server, if Sylv really wanted the mod, he could hack into Diggy's user files on the server and take it. This would be another reason why Diggy needs someone he can trust to host.

Edit: Keep in mind, I really have no idea how remote server hosting really works. My explanation is all just based on my intuitive assumption.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:11:35 AM by stargatefan »

heh! lolwut? Does i have a hacker reputation??? oh my! you have to now, like many others people here, we all want good private mods. I think that if a mod is private, it's because the creator does not want to give it for any reasons, and i respect this.
Edit: im 200% sure diggy wont chose anyone here (me too) to host, he will keep wizzard. I dunno why, im sure of it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:16:12 AM by Sylvanor »

You don't have to hack to view files on your own Hard Drive.

You don't have to hack to view files on your own Hard Drive.

Sylvanor is referring to when he recently got hacked by someone in china who has also hacked multiple servers and his was one of those that got hacked and it destroyed a lot of stuff.  That is why he mentions this.

Yeah, and our rp game is stil here. Thanks to multiples saves!

Sylvanor is referring to when he recently got hacked by someone in china who has also hacked multiple servers and his was one of those that got hacked and it destroyed a lot of stuff.  That is why he mentions this.
Because Diggy has an arch enemy that lives in China and would go out of his way to hack Sylvanor's files and get Diggy's stuff.

im not sure you really know what happened jasa, nobody will hack my servers again.

heh! lolwut? Does i have a hacker reputation??? oh my! you have to now, like many others people here, we all want good private mods. I think that if a mod is private, it's because the creator does not want to give it for any reasons, and i respect this.
Edit: im 200% sure diggy wont chose anyone here (me too) to host, he will keep wizzard. I dunno why, im sure of it.
I wasn't saying you were a hacker, I was just using you an an example of what would happen if diggys mod fell into the wrong hands. Looking back, I should have used Kal.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:45:25 AM by stargatefan »

Something happened to cross my mind yesterday. If you guys want this server up, why don't you DONATE some cash and make it possible?
Because USD are even more worthless than Canadian Dollars, now.

Because USD are even more worthless than Canadian Dollars, now.
Niliscro, why do you always have to make people feel so bad?

Niliscro, why do you always have to make people feel so bad?
Because it's what I do(, dumbass).
See?

ATF Clan.eu hosting and Sylvanor's hosting are both completely reliable and free. Hands down excellent services.