Poll

Should GreenBH be banned from the forum?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Petition to ban GreenBH  (Read 9420 times)

Just call them sheep.  Most of the people tl;dr threads and bangwagon with the first few comments.   Ahh I wish we had more shepherds...:c
Oh, forget. You.

To be fair, Tezuni, I just came into the topic and wrote down my opinion, regardless of what the cool kids are doing.

I'm actually with Doorman on this one. GreenBH has had plenty of opportunities to learn that stealing/"saving" other peoples' builds, re-coloring them, and releasing them as his own work is looked down upon. Perhaps a warning would be more appropriate in this case, but it's very clear that, with his current understanding of the situation, he won't stop doing what he's doing unless something is done.

You're all missing the point. Show me specifically a post where he claims he made something that he didn't. This is the critical part of build theft, which he apparently hasn't done.

He has.
He just edited.

BAN HIM NOW! I AM SICK OF HIS stuffY CRAP!
I'm sick of your crap.

I say hell yes to get GreenBH banned.

You're all missing the point. Show me specifically a post where he claims he made something that he didn't. This is the critical part of build theft, which he apparently hasn't done.
Your point was poorly made if it was so easily "missed".
:cookieMonster:

Anyway, this is a quote from his topic, seeing as you most likely didn't read it:
What happens to an imaginary friend when it's creator gives it up? They end up here at Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! OK, so I started up a single player server, loaded this mansion, and started repainting. So this is what it looked like before:

Before:

-snip-

Then, after I finished repainting, it looked like this:

After:

-snip-

I will release downloads soon, sorry had to do so much editing. I need to know how to release a file like you would in an add-on on a thread. For example:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=49524.0

How do you get the download bit as a link?

As you can see, it does not directly say, "I made this build all by myself. Give me praise for my 'hard work!'" He gives no credit in the original post,

Well, he edited his post to give proper credit, but only after much arguing.

He should be banned because:
He won't stop doing what he's doing unless something is done.

There's nothing wrong with not giving credit, really. He states he didn't make it himself and makes it obvious that all he did is re-paint it. What's the big deal?

There's nothing wrong with not giving credit, really. He states he didn't make it himself and makes it obvious that all he did is re-paint it. What's the big deal?
The big deal is that credit should always be given to the original creator, if it is copyrighted or not.

How would you like it if someone took RTB, edited it a little and actually made it better, and released it stating, "Yeah, Ephialtes originally made this, but that's not important... Look at what I did!"

This is just an example, of course, as I'm sure you have some way of preventing that, but think about it. The above example is, basically, what GreenBH did.

You do have a point there. The problem is, no one seems to know what his post said originally before the edit.

An add-on is an entirely different situation to a build. The idea of the game (and the reason we have the ability to save anyone's bricks on any server) is so that people can find something they like, take it away and then play with it or improve it.

This only becomes an issue worth mentioning when the person specifically aims to trick people into thinking that he made the build in question. If he's just saying "here's a pre-existing build I modified to look like something from a TV show" then it truly is a worry when it kicks off a stuff-storm of this magnitude.

An add-on is an entirely different situation to a build. The idea of the game (and the reason we have the ability to save anyone's bricks on any server) is so that people can find something they like, take it away and then play with it or improve it.

This only becomes an issue worth mentioning when the person specifically aims to trick people into thinking that he made the build in question. If he's just saying "here's a pre-existing build I modified to look like something from a TV show" then it truly is a worry when it kicks off a stuff-storm of this magnitude.
Actually, it isn't quite that different. When you host a build, you risk someone coming in, seeing it, liking it, saving it, and playing with it later. Now, mind you, that is not the bad part. I do that from time to time, mostly if I like the build but don't like server. It's the same thing when you publicise an add-on. You run the risk of someone seeing it, liking it, saving it, and playing with it later.

It's just that with builds, it's much easier to edit them. You take a build and then load it in single player or on your own server. Then you can edit it however you want, by placing more bricks, painting preexisting ones, changing events, and so on. If you show it off in the way stated before, then you are effectively "stealing" it.

Add-ons, it requires a bit more thought on how to edit it, but it can be done. If you edit it for yourself, just for your own amusement or to improve your server, you don't necessarily have to give credit to the original creator, but it would be nice to say who "helped" you to whoever asks. If you show off your edit of the add-on (for example, creating a new topic about it) and you do as before, it's just as bad.

Add-ons are different in that they are custom-made models and code that alter the game itself. A build is just something created using the game's limitations and functionality. This is a fruitless debate though.

The point is, you guys are overreacting horrendously over something that isn't even stealing. I don't think I have much to add at this point, as long as Badspot can tell the difference between an angry community looking for their next victim to point the hate machine at, and someone actually doing something wrong.

Even if what your saying is true, Ephialtes, the whole forum hates GreenBH and wants him banned. Plus, he was banned before.

Even if what your saying is true, Ephialtes, the whole forum hates GreenBH and wants him banned. Plus, he was banned before.
I don't hate him.